JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 63
  1. #1
    Sex God
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    940

    Code of Conduct

    How scared are you of catching something?

    One of the last few threads got me thinking.

    How scared are you of catching something?

    We have people saying how last week they sucked three guys off within three days..and it seems to be pretty common. Guys meeting with other guys who they barley know.

    Do I not understand the risk or are people playing games?

  2. #2
    Batteries Not Included RicanDAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,872

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    My BF and I are monogamous -- we don't have sex with anyone other than each other.

    That said, I'm only minimally scared because there's always a risk. However, the trust factor and the pleasure of having a known contact makes sex less worrisome and even more enjoyable.

  3. #3
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,435
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Monogamous relationship for the last nine years = not catching anything. Well, occasionally, we give each other colds. But what the hell - we share everything.

    Lex

  4. #4
    --O2--
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Most men don't understand the risk.

    People make two huge mistakes. The first is that they assume all STD's are transmissable the same way HIV is (fluid exchange.) This is not true. The other is that they would "know" if they or their partner du jour has a STD. This is also false.

    Even practicing "safe" sex, you are still at risk for Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, HPV (warts) and Herpes. It may also be possible to contract Hepatitis or HIV through oral sex.

    What is of particular concern is that some of these can be transmitted through skin to skin contact, and most of them can be transmitted orally. The most dangerous part of all though, is that most STD's are asymptomatic in most men, especially in the early stages, so if you do get infected, or hook up with someone that is, you may have no way to know apart from a test.

    However, you don't have to listen to me, the CDC will tell you all about it here.

  5. #5
    Sex God
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    940

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Most men dont realize you can get it (HIV) by pre-cum. I dont think many guys know that.

  6. #6
    JUB Addicts runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,758

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I am somewhat concerned from time to time. I have more than one sexual partner and do not always use a condom (especially when getting oral sex). So far I have been lucky, but I do understand the dangers.

  7. #7
    Dreamer
    eddielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,900
    Blog Entries
    159

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    By some luck, I managed to get through my wild days of unprotected sex unscathed. The only thing I worry about catching now is the flu.

  8. #8
    Sex God
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    940

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I mean some things are awesome in fantasy but not in reality. In fantasy sucking a new guy off every day sounds awesome, but is that really realistic? Its not when you consider that one mistake could make your life totally different.

  9. #9
    The Ire Brigade Jeimuzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,673
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm not worried, but then again I don't really have sex, as such. The sort of things I do aren't exactly high risk, and when they are, I'll always use a condom anyway.
    I took this!

    DeviantFART Myspade

  10. #10
    JUB Addict 3nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    London
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,047

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I don't ever assume that I know a guy enough to be sure that he is clean with respect to STIs. I lived with a boyfriend who was HIV+ and saw him through the crisis that happened when he found out. I also know other guys that are HIV+. I have a fair idea of what the risks are there.

    I'm not really scared of catching anything, which is not to say that I don't think it could happen. I protect myself within reason. If I were to catch something, I'd know because I get tested regularly and I'm confident that I could deal with it.

  11. #11
    Warm brown buns SouthBeach30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,686
    Blog Entries
    6

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm in a monogamous relationship, so I'm not worried at all. In my single days, I took all the necessary precautions.

    I think we're reaching a point where we're going to need a support group for people who are literally terrified of catching an STI. I have two friends who never have sex. They just see all sex as risky despite any safety precautions they could take. It seems that quite a few men are feeling this way these days.


    Porn for Patric: is my blog about porn sites and porn stars, guys I find hot and some of my photography

  12. #12
    Jy_Star
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm more annoyed and untrusting than I am scared.

    After this last bout with something... i'm asking for paper proof that the other person is clean.

    ...or would if i had to.

  13. #13
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,653

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm always terrified that 'Stupid' might be a virus

  14. #14
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    149

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I was scared, but then I got over it, just like I got over the fear of driving or that I was going to get hit by a bus. I am aware of the risks and have modified my behavior to do things that are very low risk so I can sleep at night. I still get to have my fun. It is kind of the best of both worlds in a way... but a much more sustainable lifestyle.

  15. #15
    1st love ron
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    This is exactly why I'm celibate. The risk isn't worth it to me.

  16. #16
    huh?
    FPNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Westchester County NY
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    9,092

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    In life there is risk invovled in most things that are fun. I do what I want to do to try to keep myself happy, if something bad happens along the way I deal with it. So, not so worried.

  17. #17
    a.k.a. Mary-Robbie robbieadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,174
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm totally confident with my partner and even if I wasn't partnered I'm not the type of person that would go out and have sex with random guys. But, like with anything, there are risks, you just have to take the necessary precautions.

  18. #18
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    i guess i sound like a broken record but here goes one more time

    you have to assume that everyone you have sex with is positive or you will wind up positive

    thats the only way to remain negative

    that means always having safe sex...educate yourself and make the best choice you are comfortable with making

    that is no more scary than the reality that if we eat an all fast food diet we will probably drop dead of a heart attack

    it requires no more responsibility than keeping active and having a healthy diet to make sure that you remain cardiovascularly fit

    fifty percent of the people that are currently infected with HIV are unaware of their infections by the latest CDC reports out of atlanta... that is because they either believed that the person they were with looked safe, was met in a safe place or that their partner transmitted the virus to them in a wrongly presumed monogamous relationship

    they trusted someone or some blood supply that they should not have trusted

    it isnt any more complicated than that

    just be smart...

    dont be scared....

    use condoms at all times and if you are travelling find out in advance what the quality of the health care system will be like... dont share any needles either.... ANYWHERE

    and most importantly

    dont let your fear make you live a half life. Safe sex is just as satisfying as barebacking

  19. #19
    Mikami
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I'm always terrified that 'Stupid' might be a virus
    Same here.

  20. #20
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    Same here.
    well have you been tested yet ?

    one never knows

  21. #21
    Mikami
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm not going to discuss that on here. But, when it comes to things like this, I take the precautions I need.

  22. #22
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    I'm not going to disgust that on here. But, when it comes to things like this, I take the precautions I need.
    jeez

    i meant for the stupidity virus...hehe

    i know it was a weak joke but.....

    slap me

    please

    no really

    please

    hard

    and then I'll turn on the grail beacon

    sorry....

    back to our regularly scheduled discussion about sexually comunicable diseases

  23. #23
    This is for you Shaun! dkonfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,118
    Blog Entries
    10

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreus View Post
    you have to assume that everyone you have sex with is positive or you will wind up positive

    and most importantly

    dont let your fear make you live a half life. Safe sex is just as satisfying as
    barebacking
    Great words. Just be as safe as possible.

  24. #24
    Mikami
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Oops. Sorry.

  25. #25
    Porn Star smirnoff-ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    austria
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    403

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    i am not scared. maybe cautious but not scared. i wonder how people being scared about everything all the time can still enjoy their lifes?

  26. #26
    JUB Addict WYSIWYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    1,854

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    NOTE: "It's important to understand that while HIV does hang out in body fluids (i.e., blood, semen, vaginal secretions, cervical secretions, breast milk, pre-cum, saliva, and tears), the average concentration of virus in each type of fluid varies greatly. It is theoretically possible that infection could follow exposure to all body fluids, but studies show that only certain fluids — blood, breast milk, semen, and vaginal and cervical secretions — contain a high enough concentration of HIV to be infectious. Note that the small drops of fluid that may come out of the penis during sexual arousal, and before ejaculation (a.k.a. pre-cum), often contain HIV, but the concentration of HIV in pre-cum is usually not high enough to pose a significant risk of infection."

    My bf and I are n a Monogamous relationship!

  27. #27
    New Possibilities... Riverrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    13,507

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    It definitely makes me nervous.

    It seems that guys reach for your dick and expect to be able to suck it, in a sexual situation, without even asking. And they seem to expect the same in return. As if there is no risk involved.

    Which makes random hookups difficult to navigate and uncomfortable.

    I wish wearing a condom for blowjobs was a viable option but I've tried it and its just not very realistic.....for the guy sucking. Seems we need a new kind of condom for oral sex that is widely accepted.

  28. #28
    I Score Like Blow. LatinoSTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Akron
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,134

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I always wear a condom, and make my partner wear one too, but not when i give head, i have a supremely high immune system, ive never had an infection, ive never had the flu, or any type of bowell problems, ive never had any type of throat irratation, except a minor sore throat, the sickest ive got was a common cold, which i only had for a day, my great grandpa is 104, my grandpa is 78, my dad is 51, hell my great grandpa still drives a car!, my family is some of the healthiest people alive, i am too, so im not too worried!

  29. #29
    On the Prowl BoiIntrigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Burbs of Sactown
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    100

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoSTAR View Post
    I always wear a condom, and make my partner wear one too, but not when i give head, i have a supremely high immune system, ive never had an infection, ive never had the flu, or any type of bowell problems, ive never had any type of throat irratation, except a minor sore throat, the sickest ive got was a common cold, which i only had for a day, my great grandpa is 104, my grandpa is 78, my dad is 51, hell my great grandpa still drives a car!, my family is some of the healthiest people alive, i am too, so im not too worried!
    Forgive me, but it's a bit naive to believe that you are immune from contracting diseases just because of good genes or good track record. I'm glad to see you using protection, but just don't let yourself get complacent and stop just because you believe you won't get it.

    Have fun and always play it safe.


    ~No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a great number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.~

  30. #30
    color outside the lines
    metta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Between the Earth & Sky, and the River & Forest- S. CA
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    19,135
    Blog Entries
    35

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayern20 View Post
    How scared are you of catching something?
    very. enough to stop me from considering doing certain things. i would have to be in a monogamous relationship which would require that i trust that person.

    Thank goodness the definition of marriage does change over time. Women were originally thought of as property and marriage was originally about an exchange of property.

    "When you can't hide, discrimination falls." David Boies

  31. #31
    The_Pianist
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I caught a cold last week. Not sure from whom or where.

    I could catch the flu at some point.

    As for an STD, not even something I have to worry about.

  32. #32
    Marbas
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    'How scared are you of catching something?'

    I'm not scared at all; sooner or later we're all going to die anyway ...so what?


    Note: Currently the chances of me catching anything through sex are non-existent, so the above is really a totally irrelevant post.

  33. #33
    I gotta be a rodeo man!!! duroc5088's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    okc
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    6

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanDAB View Post
    My BF and I are monogamous -- we don't have sex with anyone other than each other.

    That said, I'm only minimally scared because there's always a risk. However, the trust factor and the pleasure of having a known contact makes sex less worrisome and even more enjoyable.
    I'll go with that^. But we still get tested every six months just to ere on the side of caution. We just got tested about two weeks ago and every thing was peachy.
    They say my daddy was a pistol, and that makes me a son of a gun.

  34. #34
    BrandonSBCA
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Me and my boyfriend are monogamous so I have no fear of catching anything.

  35. #35

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I met and sucker who sucked all through the HIV epidemic and never got it... I knew some others too.... They all said that they don't suck when they have and open sore in their mouth,etc... but they seem to think that the blow job transmission of HIV is next to impossible without a cut or something... Most people that were asked earlier on in the aids epidemic lied about getting it in the but so the health people went on bogus information.... If your having anal sex then you are at risk in a big way even with a condom cause it can rupture easily.... I had one do it once and it scarred the hell out of me but I am disease free and sucked many anonymous cocks... at the book stores too... when I have a sore-even a cold sore- I am unhappy cause I can't go to the book store for a while

  36. #36

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I am still HIV negative and so is my partner
    Last edited by 1wholikesdaddy; March 18th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

  37. #37
    A Total Bottom mbamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,652

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm not scared because I use condoms for anal receptive sex.

  38. #38
    Pianist
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Well, I DID catch the flu a couple of months back, and I catch the bus and sky train a LOT, but again, I'm in NO danger of catching an STD.
    Last edited by Pianist; March 19th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

  39. #39
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Inb4 "You are a purist and have been brainwashed by Judeo-Christian values"


    Last edited by DigitalFudge; March 19th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

  40. #40

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    110% I would go bunkers if I had something like AIDS or any STD for that matter. Condoms, use them folks.
    Eternal youth and endless life. I'll sacrifice everything and everyone to obtain it

  41. #41
    nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,793
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    touch this thread

    hi 999 viewers

    atchoooooo

    thankyou

    nice day fa lickin icecram yeaaaaaaaah

  42. #42
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,119
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    obviously.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  43. #43
    JUB Addict Audio Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,012

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    To be honest, I was beyond terrified in the 80's when Aids was on the news. Only later, armed with knowledge and actual facts did I get over it. Nothing worthwhile in life is risk free.

    Though I always have been and will always be the monogamous type, so my risks are lower than someone that likes to just hook up.
    But there is always SOME risk. Not really scared, just cautious.

    I can just as likely get hit by a Shark when I go surfing. But I still go.

  44. #44
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Not scared.
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  45. #45
    Coward92
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanDAB View Post
    My BF and I are monogamous -- we don't have sex with anyone other than each other.

    That said, I'm only minimally scared because there's always a risk. However, the trust factor and the pleasure of having a known contact makes sex less worrisome and even more enjoyable.
    You have no risk in that case. None.
    Only if he cheats on you but I don't think so.

    To the OP:
    I was paranoid about HIV: Bad thing.
    I still don't have much sex, but I certainly am more relaxed about it than before and I don't spend 2-3 hours per day to worry about it, because I mostly kiss and I never go further than oral, and I always get sucked off not the other way around.

    Meaning that my risk is pretty much zero. I attend HIV tests every 3 months though.

  46. #46
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,435
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I was never afraid of catching AIDS because I beleive that people were being injected with it the first two years and I paid attention to the common thing that everyone who contacted karposis had...and avoided it. I didn't, however, avoid sex.

  47. #47
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    I was never afraid of catching AIDS because I beleive that people were being injected with it the first two years and I paid attention to the common thing that everyone who contacted karposis had...and avoided it. I didn't, however, avoid sex.
    Why do you say "injected" and what "common thing" are you talking about?
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  48. #48
    TheSpectatingLoner
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coward92 View Post
    You have no risk in that case. None.
    Only if he cheats on you but I don't think so.
    HPV is always a risk, even in a monogamous relationship. Men can't be tested for it and some strands may cause signs in one, but not the other. So basically if your monogamous boyfriend ever had sex with someone else, he can pass HPV to you without ever having shown a sign or a reason to know he's had it.

  49. #49
    Coward92
    Guest

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    HPV is always a risk, even in a monogamous relationship. Men can't be tested for it and some strands may cause signs in one, but not the other. So basically if your monogamous boyfriend ever had sex with someone else, he can pass HPV to you without ever having shown a sign or a reason to know he's had it.
    If you monogamous boyfriend shows absolutely no signs of infection you have no reason to assume that he is infected especially if it is a long term and functional relationship. I know that I wouldn't care if I had someone like that.

  50. #50
    Shy-ster justanothershyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,648

    Code of Conduct

    Re: How scared are you of catching something?

    I'm not afraid. I do have to keep my own health under consideration, though, but when I play I make sure I know what I'm doing.

    Last thing I want to do is drop the ball and let all of my teammates down. Errors in baseball are the worst. No fear!
    Author of Lost in a Dream. If you want to make me smile, read it and tell me what you think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.