JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 267812 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 763
  1. #301
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Nobody is ever satisfied.

    A public figure comes out nationally and publicly and they are called attention seeking whores.

    A public figure lives life as a human being, quietly or otherwise and they are not doing enough to promote their sexuality.

    Kids are dying. Every voice that is willing to help stop that is a positive thing.

    Stop turning these acts into a negative slight just because it doesn't fit into your perfect mold.

    You wonder why nothing ever gets done in the LGBT community? Try looking inward.

  2. #302
    Unclean
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    His personal life is not relevant as a reporter and would probably serve to detract from his job.
    Rachel Maddow shows this to be a lie every night Mon-Fri at 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on MSNBC.
    She's an out and proud lesbian. And a damn-good political commentator.
    Her being out does not detract in any way from how she performs in her job.

  3. #303
    Unclean
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryJones View Post
    There isn't one messenger. There are a lot of messengers. The messenger who helps one person might not be the one who helps another.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    Kids are dying. Every voice that is willing to help stop that is a positive thing.
    Like they said.
    This week, this day is not the time to argue about coming out. There will be plenty of time for that later.


    Every little positive message helps.

    In the ideal world, yes, everyone would come out.
    But we don't live in the ideal world. We live in the world filled with evangelical ministers and Popes and hip-hop rappers and lockerroom thugs constantly hating on us.

    So again I say hurray to Zach and any other celebrity who cares enough to add their voice to the mix with a positive message, regardless of whether they are gay or str8, and whether they are out or not.

  4. #304
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Blum View Post
    Again, we must choose the messenger carefully: this kind of shit could in fact convince kids that we're not seriously interested in their well-being.
    If you want Chad Allen (not sure why you were tiptoeing around his identity) to do one of these videos, then send his people an email. I'm assuming he has an email address or is on Facebook or Twitter. Right now, he's not doing a video, so why aren't you jumping on him for NOT doing a video instead of jumping on ZQ for doing a video?

    ZQ might save a life through his video, whereas Chad Allen isn't saving lives (through these kinds of videos) because he hasn't made one. I would also add ZQ has more mainstream recognition than Chad Allen. How many young people (10-20) were even watching TV when Dr. Quinn was on?

    I'd also like to ask, where is the evidence for ZQ being gay? I want pictures, videos, or stories from credible sources.

  5. #305
    On the Prowl RyanE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bayville
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    86

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    I'm the type of person who feels that words are more powerful than actions. But that is just me. That being said, I think this (It Gets Better Project) is a good thing, regardless of whether its participants are gay or straight. The main point is people are being bullied (both gay and straight) and we as country need to figure out a way to stop it. Or at least acknowledge that it does happen.

    I'll get off my soapbox now.

  6. #306
    I'm madly in like w/ you. hungrybrownbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,756

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclean View Post
    Rachel Maddow shows this to be a lie every night Mon-Fri at 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on MSNBC.
    She's an out and proud lesbian. And a damn-good political commentator.
    Her being out does not detract in any way from how she performs in her job.
    Rachel Maddow is political commentator, where her opinion matters --that's a rather big difference.

    Anderson Cooper is supposed to be an unbiased reporter, whether he is gay or not should be irrelevant.

  7. #307
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    It should not be something he has to hide either.

    Why is it that the only peoples race, gender or sexual orientation are never argued about are straight white men?

    Why can't a gay man present the news on gay issues in a straightforward way?
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  8. #308
    I'm madly in like w/ you. hungrybrownbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,756

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    If he doesn't choose to come out to the entire world, that is his choice, no one has a right to expect or demand that of him. His personal life is his personal life, he's out to the people that are his friends and his family. He's not going out of his way to hide it either. Just because he doesn't choose to take on a philanthropist role as a public figure that he's not obligated to take on in the first place, does not by any means mean he is hiding it.

  9. #309
    RazorzEdge88
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    If he doesn't choose to come out to the entire world, that is his choice, no one has a right to expect or demand that of him. His personal life is his personal life, he's out to the people that are his friends and his family. He's not going out of his way to hide it either. Just because he doesn't choose to take on a philanthropist role as a public figure that he's not obligated to take on in the first place, does not by any means mean he is hiding it.
    That's all true, but that wasn't your original point.

    You said coming out would influence his ability to remain neutral, which is just a heap of shit.

  10. #310
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    That's all true, but that wasn't your original point.

    You said coming out would influence his ability to remain neutral, which is just a heap of shit.
    EXACTLY

    He seems to be talking in circles.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  11. #311
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    If he doesn't choose to come out to the entire world, that is his choice, no one has a right to expect or demand that of him. His personal life is his personal life, he's out to the people that are his friends and his family. He's not going out of his way to hide it either. Just because he doesn't choose to take on a philanthropist role as a public figure that he's not obligated to take on in the first place, does not by any means mean he is hiding it.
    You didn't answer BP's question.

    Side note: LOL BP and Razorz!

  12. #312
    I'm madly in like w/ you. hungrybrownbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,756

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    My original point was that people, due to THEIR biases, would see him less as a neutral reporter. NOT, he will personally lose neutrality. Which is not, a heap of shit.

  13. #313
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    My original point was that people, due to THEIR biases, would see him less as a neutral reporter. NOT, he will personally lose neutrality. Which is not, a heap of shit.
    Right, but people will never lose their bias if they don't see out and proud reporters who are also neutral.

  14. #314
    I'm madly in like w/ you. hungrybrownbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,756

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    Right, but people will never lose their bias if they don't see out and proud reporters who are also neutral.
    Right, but still doesn't mean AC should get accused as being some sort of coward that's hiding his sexuality for not taking on that role. He's already out, he just hasn't made a huge big proclamation about it, and he doesn't need to.

  15. #315
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    Right, but still doesn't mean AC should get accused as being some sort of coward that's hiding his sexuality for not taking on that role. He's already out, he just hasn't made a huge big proclamation about it, and he doesn't need to.
    So, for the next person you'll make the same excuse? When does the excuse stop working?

  16. #316
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    Stop turning these acts into a negative slight just because it doesn't fit into your perfect mold.
    maybe it's just me, but when someone like ZQ says "it gets better" what I hear is "it gets better... as long as you change your voice and never speak out in public about who you are because even in the most liberal industry in the world, I still have to hide who I am."

    that's not the kind of message that I'd want to send to a gay kid; I think I'd rather hear silence than hear that.

  17. #317
    dances atop the bellcurve fetaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Delta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    7,721

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    He's already out, he just hasn't made a huge big proclamation about it, and he doesn't need to.
    As long as there is such a thing as coming out, the big proclamation is necessary. When the day comes that we are legally equal, then the social side of coming out/not coming out will be moot.
    Please do not apologize for your opinion.

  18. #318
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    maybe it's just me, but when someone like ZQ says "it gets better" what I hear is "it gets better... as long as you change your voice and never speak out in public about who you are because even in the most liberal industry in the world, I still have to hide who I am."

    that's not the kind of message that I'd want to send to a gay kid.
    And yet you think its ok to support the republican party even though they have declared intentions of taking your civil rights from you.

    That makes no sense.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  19. #319
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    And yet you think its ok to support the republican party even though they have declared intentions of taking your civil rights from you.
    really, Boston? you're going to inject your partisan hackery into this?

    just for clarification, being willing to see both sides of an argument only translates into supporting the republican party to a hyper partisan. I haven't voted for a republican in a general election in ever.

  20. #320
    RazorzEdge88
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Here's the problem with the whole, "he doesn't have to come out" argument.

    He's doing a fucking video WHERE ANY GAY PERSON WOULD MAKE MENTION OF THE FACT THAT THEY ARE GAY.

    That's what the "It's Get Better" series was about. Gay people in adulthood talking about how they made it through those rough, formative years of being a young homosexual and life eventually, you know, got better.

    If you don't mention it there, you are fucking hiding something! Period.

    I don't purport to know whether the dude is gay - I've only ever given a cursory glance at a few rumors - but jesus fuck, people. If he really is, cut the fucking excuses. He's hiding it here, end of discussion!

  21. #321
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    really, Boston? you're going to inject your partisan hackery into this?

    just for clarification, being willing to see both sides of an argument only translates into supporting the republican party to a hyper partisan. I haven't voted for a republican in a general election in ever.
    MY partizan hackery?

    thats a joke.

    You just said in a thread that you see no reason why you can't believe in a republican candidate even though they are anti gay because they may be prolife and things like that.

    then you just said the exact opposite here in the case of mr Quinto. You expect him to be out and perfectly gay or he isn't a good role model.

    what a laugh
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  22. #322
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    maybe it's just me, but when someone like ZQ says "it gets better" what I hear is "it gets better... as long as you change your voice and never speak out in public about who you are because even in the most liberal industry in the world, I still have to hide who I am."

    that's not the kind of message that I'd want to send to a gay kid; I think I'd rather hear silence than hear that.
    You might might know more about Hollywood than I do, but I wouldn't call it the most liberal industry in the world. If it were, I think more actors would be out.

    I'd think of fashion as the most gay-friendly industry in the world, but that's more a guess than something backed up by evidence.

  23. #323
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonPirate View Post
    MY partizan hackery?

    thats a joke.

    You just said in a thread that you see no reason why you can't believe in a republican candidate even though they are anti gay because they may be prolife and things like that.

    then you just said the exact opposite here in the case of mr Quinto. You expect him to be out and perfectly gay or he isn't a good role model.

    what a laugh
    can you at least keep it to CE&P? because I have no clue what you're talking about and don't want to derail this to correct what is likely your reading comprehension problems.

  24. #324
    RazorzEdge88
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    You might might know more about Hollywood than I do, but I wouldn't call it the most liberal industry in the world. If it were, I think more actors would be out.

    I'd think of fashion as the most gay-friendly industry in the world, but that's more a guess than something backed up by evidence.
    While I generally agree with you, I think there's a strange dichotomy in Hollywood.

    People working within the industry are generally very liberal. I don't think that's the reason more actors don't come out. They don't come out because of their audience.

    Does that make the industry less liberal? I guess it depends on your own definition.

  25. #325
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    Here's the problem with the whole, "he doesn't have to come out" argument.

    He's doing a fucking video WHERE ANY GAY PERSON WOULD MAKE MENTION OF THE FACT THAT THEY ARE GAY.

    That's what the "It's Get Better" series was about. Gay people in adulthood talking about how they made it through those rough, formative years of being a young homosexual and life eventually, you know, got better.

    If you don't mention it there, you are fucking hiding something! Period.

    I don't purport to know whether the dude is gay - I've only ever given a cursory glance at a few rumors - but jesus fuck, people. If he really is, cut the fucking excuses. He's hiding it here, end of discussion!
    Um. No.

    The It Gets Better campaign is about helping gay youth get through life, but no one ever specified whether it be gay or straight public figures or even everyday people doing the talking.

    Off hand one of the videos made was Joel Madden, 1 of the twins from Good Charlotte, who is straight.

    We gonna tell him he can't talk on the topic either?

    Maybe I should shut my mouth too. Go back to my straight castle and oppress the gay community because I know nothing about being gay?

    Allies are allies at this point. Jesus.

  26. #326
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    can you at least keep it to CE&P? because I have no clue what you're talking about and don't want to derail this to correct what is likely your reading comprehension problems.
    oooh

    condescending

    You hurt my feelings

    you have a double standard and a convenient one. there is no proof that Quinto is gay. Alot of rumor but nothing more.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  27. #327
    Unclean
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrybrownbear View Post
    Rachel Maddow is political commentator, where her opinion matters --that's a rather big difference.

    Anderson Cooper is supposed to be an unbiased reporter, whether he is gay or not should be irrelevant.
    Rachel Maddow is primarily a political commentator, which is why I wrote what I did above, but she is also a reporter. She conducts interviews that break news and her team develops story that break news, both of which makes her a reporter.

    'Unbiased reporter' is a myth. Reporters, and their editors, news managers, and publishers/owners, all have their own biases.

    I don't care so much about a reporter's bias as I do about whether they are honest with the facts and whether they are hiding any agendas.

  28. #328
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    maybe it's just me, but when someone like ZQ says "it gets better" what I hear is "it gets better... as long as you change your voice and never speak out in public about who you are because even in the most liberal industry in the world, I still have to hide who I am."

    that's not the kind of message that I'd want to send to a gay kid; I think I'd rather hear silence than hear that.
    Have you ever taken a moment to think about the fact that he is also saying that if you just be yourself, and do not stand on top of a mountain and scream out your sexuality, things will be OK too? He's not hiding. He's just not bowing to the publicity machine, or anyone else's sense of what it means to be "out."

    Ever thought about that fact that just living as a HUMAN BEING is helping? He's not some evil fag sitting in his home watching gay people die and keeping his mouth shut.

    He's never been shy about speaking on behalf of the community. Just because he's never once pulled an all out media blitz on his sexuality does not make him any less relevant.

  29. #329
    RazorzEdge88
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    Um. No.

    The It Gets Better campaign is about helping gay youth get through life, but no one ever specified whether it be gay or straight public figures or even everyday people doing the talking.

    Off hand one of the videos made was Joel Madden, 1 of the twins from Good Charlotte, who is straight.

    We gonna tell him he can't talk on the topic either?

    Maybe I should shut my mouth too. Go back to my straight castle and oppress the gay community because I know nothing about being gay?

    Allies are allies at this point. Jesus.
    Nobody specified, sure, but that's what's happening. The gay people who have done these have referred to their own experiences because, well, that's the most obvious and convincing way to get gay teenagers in distress to believe that their lives will get better.

    Also, give me a fuckin' break with the straw man bullshit. I never even began to imply that straight people shouldn't be doing these videos.

    Hell, I didn't even say Quinto shouldn't have done it. I think it might be kind of watered down, but if that's how he wants to do it then that's his prerogative and I still commend him for doing it.

  30. #330
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    Have you ever taken a moment to think about the fact that he is also saying that if you just be yourself, and do not stand on top of a mountain and scream out your sexuality, things will be OK too? He's not hiding. He's just not bowing to the publicity machine, or anyone else's sense of what it means to be "out."

    Ever thought about that fact that just living as a HUMAN BEING is helping? He's not some evil fag sitting in his home watching gay people die and keeping his mouth shut.

    He's never been shy about speaking on behalf of the community. Just because he's never once pulled an all out media blitz on his sexuality does not make him any less relevant.
    BRAVA!!!!!!!
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  31. #331
    Unclean
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    You might might know more about Hollywood than I do, but I wouldn't call it the most liberal industry in the world. If it were, I think more actors would be out.

    I'd think of fashion as the most gay-friendly industry in the world, but that's more a guess than something backed up by evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorzEdge88 View Post
    While I generally agree with you, I think there's a strange dichotomy in Hollywood.

    People working within the industry are generally very liberal. I don't think that's the reason more actors don't come out. They don't come out because of their audience.

    Does that make the industry less liberal? I guess it depends on your own definition.
    The industry is large, complex. Many of the creative talents (writers, directors, actors, designers) may be liberal, and may even be LGBT themselves, but then you've got all the money people (producers, company executives), who may not be so liberal, or who may tend to only think in terms of the bottom line. If the money people assume that anything tainted with the gay will always make less money than other projects, they may be much less likely to back projects tainted with the gay.

    Their assumption is a bunch of horseshit, but there you are.

  32. #332
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    Have you ever taken a moment to think about the fact that he is also saying that if you just be yourself, and do not stand on top of a mountain and scream out your sexuality, things will be OK too? He's not hiding. He's just not bowing to the publicity machine, or anyone else's sense of what it means to be "out."

    Ever thought about that fact that just living as a HUMAN BEING is helping? He's not some evil fag sitting in his home watching gay people die and keeping his mouth shut.

    He's never been shy about speaking on behalf of the community. Just because he's never once pulled an all out media blitz on his sexuality does not make him any less relevant.
    I'd say a heterosexual has a more positive message to send than someone who thinks that being gay is something that needs to be hidden in public.

    no one (well, at least I'm not) is calling for some publicity whore People magazine cover. he could have just shared his own personal experiences in this video.

    hell, maybe he really is straight and I'm completely off my rocker.

  33. #333
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    These kids need to know that they have allies and people they can relate to, rely on, talk to.

    Young, old, out, open, closeted or quietly being themselves is no longer relevant.

    They need to know that somewhere, somehow, they are not alone in the world. Someone gets it, someone gets them. Having a variety of people say those words is helpful.

    Most of the kids that have been affected by bullying all said the same thing - nobody did anything. The more people who speak up an say they get it, the more these kids will understand they do have allies.

  34. #334

    Re: Zachary Quinto is so fucking Hot

    IT GETS BETTER


  35. #335
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclean View Post
    The industry is large, complex. Many of the creative talents (writers, directors, actors, designers) may be liberal, and may even be LGBT themselves, but then you've got all the money people (producers, company executives), who may not be so liberal, or who may tend to only think in terms of the bottom line. If the money people assume that anything tainted with the gay will always make less money than other projects, they may be much less likely to back projects tainted with the gay.

    Their assumption is a bunch of horseshit, but there you are.
    Thanks for explaining it. You said a lot of what I was trying to say, but I wasn't totally sure of the specifics.

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    These kids need to know that they have allies and people they can relate to, rely on, talk to.

    Young, old, out, open, closeted or quietly being themselves is no longer relevant.

    They need to know that somewhere, somehow, they are not alone in the world. Someone gets it, someone gets them. Having a variety of people say those words is helpful.

    Most of the kids that have been affected by bullying all said the same thing - nobody did anything. The more people who speak up an say they get it, the more these kids will understand they do have allies.
    I agree they need people that get them and they need people that will speak up. I think part of the issue is defining what "get it" means. Does it mean getting what it feels like to be bullied or does it mean just getting what it feels like to be bullied for being gay or does it mean getting that bullying is wrong.

    I still would like some evidence that ZQ is gay, but so far no one has come up with anything.

  36. #336
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    Thanks for explaining it. You said a lot of what I was trying to say, but I wasn't totally sure of the specifics.



    I agree they need people that get them and they need people that will speak up. I think part of the issue is defining what "get it" means. Does it mean getting what it feels like to be bullied or does it mean just getting what it feels like to be bullied for being gay or does it mean getting that bullying is wrong.

    I still would like some evidence that ZQ is gay, but so far no one has come up with anything.
    That is why we need to be happy different people who have had different experiences are speaking up and speaking out.

    There is not one thing to "get." There are many. Even if we are only speaking of the LGBTQ community, each person is struggling with a different issue.

    Each new voice may be reaching out to just that one person who needed to hear that one word from that person.

    There is not one thing there are a whole bunch of things. And everyone in their life has said "yes but I'm so different!"

  37. #337
    JUB Addict BlondeCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Stacy I think everyone here agrees that any voice helping out is valid.
    I just think that the It gets better has to be defined in some way unless it is obvious (ie the speaker is out and gay).

    If it becomes a soundbit for everyone saying it. It isnt going to mean anything......

    If you want to say as I victim of bullying I can tell you it will get better ---- > great

    we are going to make sure this gets better ---> regarding fighting for LGBT rights and anti bullying ----> great

    But for some random celebrity to say it is going to get better is confusing and doesnt mean anything

  38. #338
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    That is why we need to be happy different people who have had different experiences are speaking up and speaking out.

    There is not one thing to "get." There are many. Even if we are only speaking of the LGBTQ community, each person is struggling with a different issue.

    Each new voice may be reaching out to just that one person who needed to hear that one word from that person.

    There is not one thing there are a whole bunch of things. And everyone in their life has said "yes but I'm so different!"
    I think being bullied for being gay is different than being bullied for being fat, which is different than being bullied for being Muslim. Among each group though, I would expect to find some commonalities. I think if I'd seen a video with an out, gay guy, it would resonate better for me than if a straight guy did it.

  39. #339
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Wow


    So it is not even good enough that he is on the verge of tears.




    Would him coming out help? Sure.

    It is not his job to come out of the closet, it's not his job to make it easier for teenagers, tweens, young adults

    But he took a step and made this video


    I will not ask for more


    Because so many people have done so much less.

  40. #340
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    I think being bullied for being gay is different than being bullied for being fat, which is different than being bullied for being Muslim. Among each group though, I would expect to find some commonalities. I think if I'd seen a video with an out, gay guy, it would resonate better for me than if a straight guy did it.
    I never said anything about being fat or Muslim.

    I am still referring to the confines of the LGBTQ community.

    Everyone has their own set of "stuff" they deal with.

    They will also relate to different people.

    Not one specific person or issue represents the entire community.

  41. #341
    JUB Addict BlondeCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    I never said anything about being fat or Muslim.

    I am still referring to the confines of the LGBTQ community.

    Everyone has their own set of "stuff" they deal with.

    They will also relate to different people.

    Not one specific person or issue represents the entire community.
    Yeah but Stacey can you tell me what stuff ZQ has had to deal with? because he certainly didnt say... that isnt relating to anyone?

  42. #342
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeCanadian View Post
    Yeah but Stacey can you tell me what stuff ZQ has had to deal with? because he certainly didnt say... that isnt relating to anyone?
    How about we start with being questioned for WHY he would stand up for the LGBTQ community and not STFU and go back to his closet space??

    Just because we don't all explain what reasons we have for understanding or relating doesn't mean we don't.

    My reasons for relating are clear to me but I've been berated here for comparing so I keep quiet now and just say "I get it."

    Sometimes that's all people need to hear.

  43. #343
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    I never said anything about being fat or Muslim.

    I am still referring to the confines of the LGBTQ community.

    Everyone has their own set of "stuff" they deal with.

    They will also relate to different people.

    Not one specific person or issue represents the entire community.
    Ok. I'm sorry that I missed the part about what you were referring to.

    But to say you are with us and keep it vague, just seems like it's not as helpful as it could be because it's not as relatable. I'm not talking about you in this instance, but ZQ.

    I guess we are talking about degrees of helpfulness, which may not (ironically) be all that helpful.

  44. #344
    The gay gargoyle G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,511
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    >>>Doesn't matter for this whether he is gay or not, whether he is out or not. What matters is that he is showing that he gets it, and he cares.

    When did this start?

    Nothing is more important than getting this guy out of the closet. Why? So we can cross him off the list, stop caring about him (Neil Patrick who?) and start focusing on other would-be-gay famous people. And let's not let this "kids committing suicide" thing detract from the real issue, now, shall we?

    Lex

  45. #345
    stacyp
    Guest

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    Ok. I'm sorry that I missed the part about what you were referring to.

    But to say you are with us and keep it vague, just seems like it's not as helpful as it could be because it's not as relatable. I'm not talking about you in this instance, but ZQ.

    I guess we are talking about degrees of helpfulness, which may not (ironically) be all that helpful.
    An important part of my point is that sometimes going into further detail about how and why you relate is actually taking you out of the running for being helpful.

    My point is, everyone's level of need is different. And if we go into further detail about our lives, someone who is going through something entirely different will just simply shut off and say "damn, they don't know what I am going through after all."

    Just knowing that SOMEONE is out there reaching out is sometimes enough. Should others stop going further? No. But I am of the belief that even a small help is help needed.

  46. #346
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,916

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    An important part of my point is that sometimes going into further detail about how and why you relate is actually taking you out of the running for being helpful.

    My point is, everyone's level of need is different. And if we go into further detail about our lives, someone who is going through something entirely different will just simply shut off and say "damn, they don't know what I am going through after all."

    Just knowing that SOMEONE is out there reaching out is sometimes enough. Should others stop going further? No. But I am of the belief that even a small help is help needed.
    I think that makes sense. Some people will need detailed reasons, while others will not. As long both are out there, I think the maximum amount of help wil be given out.

  47. #347
    Messenger of the Gods MercuryJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,612

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyp View Post
    That is why we need to be happy different people who have had different experiences are speaking up and speaking out.
    Agreed.

    Someone here might prefer Quinto to be silent. But some gay kid somewhere who loved him in Star Trek might take some inspiration or comfort in him speaking up.

    This is about a message of hope, which will always be dissatisfying to pathological cynics.

  48. #348
    Ijubbinatti BostonPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    14,474
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    It's been a great hope of the gay community that straight people will come to our deffence. Annie Lennox came out as HIV positive, even though she admitted later that she wasn't. She said that she felt the pain and loss of the disease because so many of her gay friends had died of the illness.

    But we have this habit of saying they are gay if they are supportive, and that tends to scare the straight men that really ARE supportive of the gay community from being as helpful as they could be.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic345672_2.gif

    We're gonna sit down and have ourselves a drink! And after we're done - after *I'm* done, you can run upstairs and take whichever one of them little pills makes you feel the best~Dolores Claiborne

  49. #349
    Messenger of the Gods MercuryJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,612

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto's "It Gets Better" video

    Quote Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
    that's not the kind of message that I'd want to send to a gay kid; I think I'd rather hear silence than hear that.
    What are you doing for gay kids that is better?

  50. #350
    JUB Addict Luv_Trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,307

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Zachary Quinto is so fucking Hot

    I saw him in person 9/26/10 and he is not hot.. People look so mch better on TV for some reason.. I mean, He wasn't gross but I wouldnt call him hot.. Just a normal looking dude walking down the street in Hells Kitchen, NYC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.