JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 54
  1. #1
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Obama considering run in '08

    I'd actually like to see him sit second seat in '08 and then run after two terms.

    Plus by then FOX news would have gotten calling him Barack Osama out of their system.

    Obama acknowledges he's considering run for president in 2008

    Associated Press
    Published October 22, 2006, 11:52 AM CDT

    WASHINGTON -- Sen. Barack Obama acknowledged Sunday he was considering a run for president in 2008, backing off previous statements that he would not do so.

    The Illinois Democrat said he could no longer stand by the statements he made after his 2004 election and earlier this year that he would serve a full six-year term in Congress. He said he would not make a decision until after the Nov. 7 elections.

    "That was how I was thinking at that time," said Obama, when asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" about his previous statements.

    "Given the responses that I've been getting over the last several months, I have thought about the possibility" although not with the seriousness or depth required, he said. "My main focus right now is in the '06. ... After November 7, I'll sit down, I'll sit down and consider, and if at some point I change my mind, I will make a public announcement and everybody will be able to go at me."

    Obama was largely unknown outside Illinois when he burst onto the national scene with a widely acclaimed address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

    In recent weeks, his political stock has been rising as a potentially viable centrist candidate for president in 2008 after former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner announced earlier this month that he was bowing out of the race.

    In a recent issue of Time magazine, Obama's face fills the cover next to the headline, "Why Barack Obama Could Be The Next President." He is currently on a tour promoting his latest book, "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream."

    On Sunday, Obama dismissed notions that he might not be ready to run for president because of his limited experience in national politics. He agreed the job requires a "certain soberness and seriousness" and "can't be something you pursue on the basis of vanity and ambition."

    "I'm not sure anyone is ready to be president before they're president," Obama said. "I trust the judgment of the American people.

    "We have a long and rigorous process. Should I decide to run, if I ever did decide to run, I'll be confident that I'll be run through the paces pretty good," Obama said.
    Original Article

  2. #2
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Obama is exciting. However he is too new and will not receive the vote from older Americans who dont meet and see his true intent and passion. He would be relegated by the party to second seat in a bid for office. He needs to be the President. If the political game is played correctly, he could easily break the African American in office threshhold. A woman could follow but it wont happen this year.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  3. #3
    Porn Star smakelijkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    MKE
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    327

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    I would shit myself in happiness if he ran (and won). He would most definitely have my vote. Sen. Feingold (D-WI) should be his running mate.

  4. #4
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by smakelijkus View Post
    I would shit myself in happiness if he ran (and won). He would most definitely have my vote. Sen. Feingold (D-WI) should be his running mate.
    Unfortunately, whatever your beliefs or ignorance, a black man and a jewish man running has no chance in America.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  5. #5
    Slut uflyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    235

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    They said that at one time about a Catholic too didnt they?

  6. #6
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Unfortunately, whatever your beliefs or ignorance, a black man and a jewish man running has no chance in America.
    If this were 1940 I'd agree.

  7. #7
    I Heart Prince Hot Ginge xyboyms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,723

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    I LOVE Mr. Obama!!!!! If he doesn't run in two years it doesn't matter to me. I KNOW in my heart that this man will be my President of this country sometime in my life. I'm SUCH a huge fan. His new book was amazing!!!!
    ***missin' my jub*** xoxo
    xy

  8. #8

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Unfortunately, whatever your beliefs or ignorance, a black man and a jewish man running has no chance in America.
    I'm with you mazda I'll believe it when I see it.

    But if Ford wins in Tenn I think Obama will read much into it.

  9. #9
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Golden Triangle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,699

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    smakelijkus,

    Sen. Barack Obama, and running mate, Sen. Russ Feingold would make a great team. You were reading my mind.

  10. #10
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by MattieMich View Post
    If this were 1940 I'd agree.
    Look at Lieberman. Solid appeal to moderate right. No juice. Put aside your personal beliefs and get to know America.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  11. #11
    JUB Addicts Orlandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,544

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    I love Obama. The challenge he faces right now is that he needs to spend the next year or so doing something and making a mark on politics. Unfortunately, at the moment, he is looked upon as a "media creation" and has not been in political office long enough to effect any real changes or initiatives. I think he has the passion to make a great President and I don't agree that being Black or Jewish is a deterrent. As someone else pointed out, people said the same thing about JFK (a catholic) and the history books report that. The only ones who will thwart his efforts are the GOP hypocrites (and Fox News) who "claim" they have no racial bias....only when it's convenient for an election. The GOP has a long, glorious history of racism. Study Reagan sometime and you'll see. Fox News loves to talk around that so they will bash Obama as a "liberal" instead of judging him objectively. Their typical brand of "fair and balanced" news.

  12. #12
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Obama/Richardson or Richardson/Obama w/ Sec. of State Feingold

    Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton Who am I kidding? Hil in the second seat? lol

    Obama/Feingold or Feingold/Obama w/ Sec. of State Richardson

    Mark Warner Sec. of Education

    Al Gore head of the EPA <----reaction of the oil companies and republicans

  13. #13
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Look at Lieberman. Solid appeal to moderate right. No juice. Put aside your personal beliefs and get to know America.
    Gore/Lieberman...they really did win, but I digress.

  14. #14
    I Heart Prince Hot Ginge xyboyms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    2,723

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by MattieMich View Post

    Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton Who am I kidding? Hil in the second seat? lol
    That would be something to see!
    ***missin' my jub*** xoxo
    xy

  15. #15

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Obama could easily allay any fears that he is too inexperienced by stating early in his campaign that he would name Richard Lugar, for example, as Secretary of State and a hawk as Secretary of Defense. The idea that naming such men might diminish his own stature would be rebutted by Bush-Cheney. Cheney's resume was certainly better, but the novelty of saying so wore off eventually.

  16. #16
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by MattieMich View Post
    Gore/Lieberman...they really did win, but I digress.
    Oh conspiracy and deceit. Oh my Oh My. Get over it.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  17. #17
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Oh conspiracy and deceit. Oh my Oh My. Get over it.
    Okay, let's ignore that they won. Look how close that came. Plus the minority population in America has grown. Look at how the Republicans can't even slam dunk immigration reform like they want to. America is ready for someone like Obama.

  18. #18
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,190

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    I'd really like to see him run; however, I understand it can be too early.

  19. #19
    I'm not really a doctor. doctorsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,728

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    I think is awesome that the two people who are are getting the most attention about *potentially* running in '08 for the democrats are a woman (Hillary) and a black man. I am afraid though that it may be too much progression. Alot of the more moderate Republicans are more than ready for a change and would most likely vote democrat...but when their choice will most likely either be a woman or a black man against a traditional republican white man, I'm afraid their conservative side will take over.
    Someone asked me once how I could know that I'm gay if I've never slept with a woman. I've never shoved shards of glass into my eye, either, but I don't have to give it a shot to know that it's not for me.

  20. #20
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by MattieMich View Post
    Gore/Lieberman...they really did win, but I digress.
    I do hope that at some point in the near future that a new Democratic Senate will investigate exactly what happened in Florida, as I too believe the election was stolen by the Republicans. Now, of course, the criminal elements in the GOP ("The Base") will say, "Get over it," which is exactly what a guilty person, fearful of discovery, would say. Fact is, the probability that a modern presidential election was stolen is very, very high, and there have been exactly zero official investigations into this. "Oh," the Pugs will retort, "The newspapers investigated it and found no problems." Yes, some newspapers did so-called "investigate," but without any official standing, subpoena powers, or ability to compel testimony under oath. Further, the very notion of newspapers owned by large corporations investigating the GOP power structure is good for a laugh.

    Those who dismiss the seriousness of stealing a federal election don't have America's best interests at heart, and indeed, if they have nothing to hide, they shouldn't fear a bit of detective work being done.

  21. #21
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    From what I can see of him so far Obama would make and exceelnt candidate. But lets be rational he is too inexperienced and would not receive the vote.

    Scenarios:

    He received the nomination for pres. And loses.

    He goes as Veep and his talent is wasted. or the pres is popular and he holds onto the third term. After four years of lame duck he can only try to undo what has stagnated and wont win a second term and can't get reelected after 12 years of mudslinging by the other side. (happens to all of them) OR the mudslinging is effective enough that he doesn't win the third term. (his first)

    He serves in the Senate solidifying his ideas for four years of a weak president who fails to meet our incredibly difficult needs that are currently facing the nation. He then runs as a new face with new ideas and wins office to lead for eight years of prosperity.


    Advice:
    Make a educated startegic decision vice a "from the heart" decision and the Democratic party can have much more success. The lack of unity and lack of a plan has amputated their initiatives since the democratic parties conversion in the sixties to the anything goes party.

    The republican party has benefited from this by having a consolidated agenda pressed by all with few nay sayers. SO that people who want to believe hear the same message regardless of the level of government that they hear it from during campaigns

    The democrats have learned the smeared quick and smear early idea but haven't gotten behind the group front idea. They will be successful this year no doubt. That future success depends on solidarity in the party. It also depends on making smart moves. Barrack Obama would get my vote right now but is not a smart move in the 08 race
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  22. #22
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorsun View Post
    I think is awesome that the two people who are are getting the most attention about *potentially* running in '08 for the democrats are a woman (Hillary) and a black man.
    Sadly, both of these media darlings are both afraid of their own shadows and they talk and act like Republicans.

  23. #23
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Second thought not conveyed:

    The dems will take the executive branch in 08 but will not answer the mail from Americas point of view. No single leader could do so in 08 to 12. Don't waste Obama's even handed talents on a loosing proposition.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  24. #24

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Regretfully, I agree that there are still too many racist elements in our country.
    I posted a pro Hillary-Obama pesonal choice over a year ago.
    Unfortunately it will probably take 20 or more years before we elect a woman, an Afro-American, a Hispanic, a Jew or a Gay.

  25. #25
    hty2
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    There are rumors that Oprah might endorse him. If that happens, watch out Hillary.

    Obama deserves serious consideration despite the fact he is a political newcomer to the national scene. The man is balanced, introspective, and rational in this thought processes.

  26. #26
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    I do hope that at some point in the near future that a new Democratic Senate will investigate exactly what happened in Florida, as I too believe the election was stolen by the Republicans. Now, of course, the criminal elements in the GOP ("The Base") will say, "Get over it," which is exactly what a guilty person, fearful of discovery, would say. Fact is, the probability that a modern presidential election was stolen is very, very high, and there have been exactly zero official investigations into this. "Oh," the Pugs will retort, "The newspapers investigated it and found no problems." Yes, some newspapers did so-called "investigate," but without any official standing, subpoena powers, or ability to compel testimony under oath. Further, the very notion of newspapers owned by large corporations investigating the GOP power structure is good for a laugh.

    Those who dismiss the seriousness of stealing a federal election don't have America's best interests at heart, and indeed, if they have nothing to hide, they shouldn't fear a bit of detective work being done.
    Sounds like a plan. Let's investigate an election from 6 years ago. Let's look back not forward. That's right after we do impeachment proceedings for Pres. Bush. This way we can spend our time on personal attacks and retribution for phantom violations instead of dealing with real issues.

    Way to go of course Alfie as this was about Barack Obama

    Back to BO

    Oprah digs him - that's enough to concern me

    Yup - he's a very popular minority candidate. And his personal history appears to be a great story.

    But for President? why would this even be an option? what experience does he have to suggest he should be responsible for our nation's security and future?

    We gotta slow down on this guy

    The fact that he would be considered over more experienced Dem leaders is a bit scary and borders on pandering

  27. #27
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    what experience does he have to suggest he should be responsible for our nation's security and future?
    I know, if only he had as much experience a Dubyah.

  28. #28
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Let's investigate an election from 6 years ago. Let's look back not forward. That's right after we do impeachment proceedings for Pres. Bush. This way we can spend our time on personal attacks and retribution for phantom violations instead of dealing with real issues.
    Typical smug reply from a person in deep political denial. So, when did you lose your respect for the integrity of the US Constitution and the laws of land? When did the right to have one's vote properly counted lose it's supremacy among our American ideals for our democracy? Is there some statute of limitations on the thieving of the office of the president of the United States?

    Way to go, Comrade chance1.

  29. #29

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Look at Lieberman. Solid appeal to moderate right. No juice. Put aside your personal beliefs and get to know America.
    I have long since opposed Lieberman because of his lust for censorship. I'm not sure people have a problem with Lieberman based on him being a Jew. If people vote on looks and personality, assuming things are still true as they were during Kennedy-Nixon televised debates, then that is another explanation; he comes off as Droopy Dog.

  30. #30

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Let's investigate an election from 6 years ago. Let's look back not forward. That's right after we do impeachment proceedings for Pres. Bush. This way we can spend our time on personal attacks and retribution for phantom violations instead of dealing with real issues.
    So you are asserting that investigating voter fraud in 2000 is a waste of time because it is a "phantom violation"? What statute of limitations do you put on voter fraud, or all crimes for that matter?

    Oprah digs him - that's enough to concern me
    Who the fuck is Oprah? She dug James Frey too...

    But for President? why would this even be an option? what experience does he have to suggest he should be responsible for our nation's security and future?
    I guess the reason it is an option is because he's black? That seems to be the qualifier for him, just like mazda thinks Lieberman is a Jew is one and those that would vote for Hillary because she has a vagina. They aren't concerned with qualifications---why else would you think people call for Condi Rice to run in '08?

  31. #31
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Well the last Senator to be directly elected to the office of President was John F. Kennedy. This after JFK served in the Senate for more than seven years. source: United States Senate.

    It should also be pointed out that JFK was also a Catholic, and the fears at the time was that if elected he would take his orders from the Vatican.

    It's been 46 years since a "minority" has been elected directly from the U.S. Senate into the White House.

    These stats can work to Obama's advantage or against him, considering that not one single Senator since then (who while holding or immediately since serving) has been able to Win the White House since JFK.

    With the exception of LBJ, Nixon, Ford, and Bush 41, all of the other Presidents during the past 46 years have been Governors; Carter (Georgia), Reagan (California), Clinton (Arkansas), and Bush 43 (Texas). LBJ, and Nixon both previously held Senate Seats and the offices of VP prior to being elected President. Ford is the answer to the trivia question; "Who's the only President to never have been elected to office?" Bush 41 had served as a Congressman after two failed attempts at being elected to the Senate.

    For Obama to win it would be a shake up on so many levels.

    Let's see what happens?

    I personally think that it's pretty premature to even be considering Obama as a potential candidate, but if that's what it takes to motivate the electorate then I'm all for it.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  32. #32
    HazeMaster
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Leave us not underestimate the power (and viciousness) of the Clintonista Mafia aka the Democratic Leadership Council (nicknamed by Jesse Jacksonthe Democratic Leisure Class )

    When Howard Dean looked like a shoe-in to get the Democratic nomination in 2004, DLC Washington insiders speaking on condition of anonymity unleashed a whispering campaign that Dean was "not presidential," "unelectable," and (after Iowa) "emotionally unstable," all of which was reported as front page news by Adam Nagourney at the NY Times (America's newspaper of record)

    If Obama looks like a serious threat to Evita Rodham Clinton's presidential aspirations, the DLC will make sure he is sleeping with the fishes before the 2008 primaries kick off.

  33. #33
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Now haze knows politics
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  34. #34

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    He really should get another term under his belt...Seriously...Would make him a better candidate in the long run.

  35. #35
    RICBOUND2004
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    It seems to me that the liberal media and Democratic establishment is so desperate to find a "hero" that they've jumped the gun and appointed Mr. Freshman Senator Barack Obama as their beacon of hope for the next election cycle. This is a waste of time folks. I think even Obama himself knows not to believe his own hype, because as soon as they find a crack in his armor, he knows he's done.
    Obama knows he needs to establish a record and a sense of accomplishment before he pursues the highest office in the land. He hasn't even come close in less than two years as a Senator. Even JFK had twelve years of political experience under his belt before attempting the job. I can't recall any successful presidential aspirants having only 3 years experience before assuming such responsibility. John Edwards had trouble dodging this criticism and he served a full 6 year term in the Senate.
    Personally like everyone else in America (even we Republicans) I enjoyed his rousing speech at the DNC 2004. It was a magical, electrifying message...but that speech alone does not warrant my complete and utter faith. Nor does it guarantee that he's electable. He doesn't do much for me. He seems so self-important, it's a confidence that doesn't appear to be more than cockiness.
    He's a Clinton Democrat by and by. He'd spend most of the campaign trying to please anyone and everyone to secure cash and a vote. Ultimately however, just like Clinton, his presidency would end up a lackluster affair because of his spineless middle-of-the-road getup.

  36. #36
    MattieMich
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by HazeMaster View Post
    Leave us not underestimate the power (and viciousness) of the Clintonista Mafia aka the Democratic Leadership Council (nicknamed by Jesse Jacksonthe Democratic Leisure Class )

    When Howard Dean looked like a shoe-in to get the Democratic nomination in 2004, DLC Washington insiders speaking on condition of anonymity unleashed a whispering campaign that Dean was "not presidential," "unelectable," and (after Iowa) "emotionally unstable," all of which was reported as front page news by Adam Nagourney at the NY Times (America's newspaper of record)

    If Obama looks like a serious threat to Evita Rodham Clinton's presidential aspirations, the DLC will make sure he is sleeping with the fishes before the 2008 primaries kick off.
    Translation = the dems will do to Obama what the neo-cons did to McCain.

  37. #37
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by RICBOUND2004 View Post
    It seems to me that the liberal media and Democratic establishment is so desperate to find a "hero" that they've jumped the gun and appointed Mr. Freshman Senator Barack Obama as their beacon of hope for the next election cycle. This is a waste of time folks. I think even Obama himself knows not to believe his own hype, because as soon as they find a crack in his armor, he knows he's done.
    Obama knows he needs to establish a record and a sense of accomplishment before he pursues the highest office in the land. He hasn't even come close in less than two years as a Senator.
    I'm sorry, I had to stop you there.

    I had a really hard time reading/listening to what you were saying after "liberal media" and "Democratic Establishment."

    The rest of it I think that I read under the titles on FOX Snooze banner.

    I think that I can read where perhaps you MIGHT be thinking for yourself, but got lost in the translation of your following comments:

    Even JFK had twelve years of political experience under his belt before attempting the job.
    Do you read these threads before you post.

    JFK served in the United States Senate beween 1953 and 1960. My math tells me that at best that was seven years, so I don't know where you're getting twelve from.

    I can't recall any successful presidential aspirants having only 3 years experience before assuming such responsibility. John Edwards had trouble dodging this criticism and he served a full 6 year term in the Senate.
    Personally like everyone else in America (even we Republicans) I enjoyed his rousing speech at the DNC 2004. It was a magical, electrifying message...but that speech alone does not warrant my complete and utter faith. Nor does it guarantee that he's electable. He doesn't do much for me. He seems so self-important, it's a confidence that doesn't appear to be more than cockiness.
    He's a Clinton Democrat by and by. He'd spend most of the campaign trying to please anyone and everyone to secure cash and a vote. Ultimately however, just like Clinton, his presidency would end up a lackluster affair because of his spineless middle-of-the-road getup.
    Actually I'm the one who should have finished reading YOUR post before I said anything.

    Your one of those "status quo sisters."

    Please see my post here: http://justusboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122882 so that you'll get some idea of how much credence, I give you fellow Republicans.

    Your opinion on Obama, though welcome, doesn't carry any weight with those who really matter on the topic.



    </IMG></IMG>
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  38. #38
    RICBOUND2004
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post

    Do you read these threads before you post.

    JFK served in the United States Senate beween 1953 and 1960. My math tells me that at best that was seven years, so I don't know where you're getting twelve from.

    Actually dear JFK was elected to the House in 1946 (the same year as future President Richard Nixon) meaning his political experience extended from 1947 to 1960 (I was wrong he had 13 years experience!) I was not only referring to Senate experience sir, I was speaking of experience period. Obama has 2 years, period. The state Senate may be all fine and dandy, but let's be honest, it isn't a job that prepares you for the post as commander and chief.

    So now you know where I'm getting twelve from.

  39. #39
    ljhotboy
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Honestly I think in a government and a country that has found so much comfort in the stale that a breath of fresh air like Obama would be far too much for them to handle. I am sure that when the battle has ended and all the surface wounds have healed we will be stuck with yet another middle-aged white male who was fortunate enough to have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth for president. I just hope that this one will have had something a bit better than a C+ average in college and that maybe, just maybe if something seems askew that people will not play the role of the sheep and the president the shepard.

  40. #40
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by RICBOUND2004 View Post
    Actually dear JFK was elected to the House in 1946 (the same year as future President Richard Nixon) meaning his political experience extended from 1947 to 1960 (I was wrong he had 13 years experience!) I was not only referring to Senate experience sir, I was speaking of experience period. Obama has 2 years, period. The state Senate may be all fine and dandy, but let's be honest, it isn't a job that prepares you for the post as commander and chief.

    So now you know where I'm getting twelve from.
    Well good!

    I only had the dates provided in the quote that I linked too:

    JFK served in the United States Senate beween 1953 and 1960.

    But I see your point.

    So to clarify, what you're saying is, is that Obama doesn't stand a chance because he's not been in public service long enough to be as corrupt or jaded as someone who has 13 years under their belt? The "political experience" to be effective?

    As a Registered Democrat, I'm on the fence. Two years is a long time in politics. So by the time that 2008 rolls around he'll have five years experience.

    Frankly, and I hope that you'll agree with me here, as an American I'm growing wearing of the mediocre candidates that we're being given to choose from for President every four years.

    After what will be eight years of the illegitimate Bush Administration, I would be interested in a Presidential Candidate who actually walks his talk. Regardless of how many years he's served in elected office.

    If Obama is the candidate for President in '08, he'll have exactly one year less in elected office than Bush 43 did when he was elected.

    Out of curiosity, which prior elected office holds more sway with you? State Governor, Congress, or the Senate?
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  41. #41
    RICBOUND2004
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by centexfarmer View Post
    So to clarify, what you're saying is, is that Obama doesn't stand a chance because he's not been in public service long enough to be as corrupt or jaded as someone who has 13 years under their belt? The "political experience" to be effective?

    Frankly, and I hope that you'll agree with me here, as an American I'm growing wearing of the mediocre candidates that we're being given to choose from for President every four years.

    After what will be eight years of the illegitimate Bush Administration, I would be interested in a Presidential Candidate who actually walks his talk. Regardless of how many years he's served in elected office.

    If Obama is the candidate for President in '08, he'll have exactly one year less in elected office than Bush 43 did when he was elected.

    Out of curiosity, which prior elected office holds more sway with you? State Governor, Congress, or the Senate?
    I'm not arguing that Obama doesn't stand a chance because he hasn't been in public office long enough, he very well could win a general election; my argument stands that compared to a Sen. John McCain, Obama's credentials are nowhere near up to snuff.

    You're right, we've had some pretty bad choices that last few election cycles when it comes to presidential candidates. As a matter of fact the last time I can recall there being two legitimately qualified deserving candidates on the ballot was the Nixon/Kennedy 1960 election (I could also make an argument for 1964 but I'm still not too keen on LBJ and his "Great Society").

    Okay, I'm sure you know that there will never ever be a Presidential candidate "that actually walks his (or her, gotta be politically correct) walk". It's just not possible. This ain't The West Wing. And yes years are not the determining factor, but they do bolster a resume.

    I can't nor will I defend the fact that GWB didn't have much political experience himself in 2000. This is why I supported John McCain.

    And regarding your last question, I'm one of the rare Americans who tend to support Senators. McCain has my support (for now at least) in 2008. Sen. Goldwater also is a hero of mine. Had I been eligible to vote in '64, Goldwater would have had it (although it wouldn't have mattered much in the end).

  42. #42
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    Typical smug reply from a person in deep political denial. So, when did you lose your respect for the integrity of the US Constitution and the laws of land? When did the right to have one's vote properly counted lose it's supremacy among our American ideals for our democracy? Is there some statute of limitations on the thieving of the office of the president of the United States?

    Way to go, Comrade chance1.
    Blah blah blah

    you hijack an Obama for Prez thread with your tired voter fraud story - get called on it - and . . . . . .

    Ideals for democracy? as I've said before Alfie, practice what you preach. Democracy also means respecting your opponents not demonizing them. Try moving forward - you might like it

  43. #43
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by ICO7 View Post
    So you are asserting that investigating voter fraud in 2000 is a waste of time because it is a "phantom violation"? What statute of limitations do you put on voter fraud, or all crimes for that matter?

    Who the fuck is Oprah? She dug James Frey too...

    I guess the reason it is an option is because he's black? That seems to be the qualifier for him, just like mazda thinks Lieberman is a Jew is one and those that would vote for Hillary because she has a vagina. They aren't concerned with qualifications---why else would you think people call for Condi Rice to run in '08?
    I guess my point IC was for Alfie - as in

    1 - don't hijack the thread
    2 - move on

    As for Oprah . . . . . . just a joke

    As for your last point, I don't think Obama should be more of an option just because he is a minority. It should not preclude him from running/winning but it should not be a reason to do so.

    As for Condi - she has a major role in the admin - you may like her or not - but she's in the thick of it. That qualifies her more than Obama - in my opinion. Personally, I don't think she's up to it but I think she gets more notice because she is a minority - same benefit as Obama is getting now.

  44. #44

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    As for Condi - she has a major role in the admin - you may like her or not - but she's in the thick of it. That qualifies her more than Obama - in my opinion. Personally, I don't think she's up to it but I think she gets more notice because she is a minority - same benefit as Obama is getting now.
    Everyone that is in this administration, and seeing it to the end, should be made to leave Washington DC when their time in office is up. The woman has done a bad job and should not be rewarded with a promotion and a raise.

  45. #45
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    As for Condi - she has a major role in the admin - you may like her or not - but she's in the thick of it. That qualifies her more than Obama - in my opinion. Personally, I don't think she's up to it but I think she gets more notice because she is a minority - same benefit as Obama is getting now.
    You see only the color of people's skin. So far as I'm concerned, and as far as most normal people have expressed, they admire Obama because he has a compelling story to tell, not because he's black. It takes a real extremist to only see skin color, which is probably why there are no black Republicans in the House or Senate, and only a smattering in the executive branch. You should really get to know some people of color, chance1, it would probably help you stop engaging in the failed ways of racial stereotyping.

  46. #46

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    You see only the color of people's skin. So far as I'm concerned, and as far as most normal people have expressed, they admire Obama because he has a compelling story to tell, not because he's black. It takes a real extremist to only see skin color, which is probably why there are no black Republicans in the House or Senate, and only a smattering in the executive branch. You should really get to know some people of color, chance1, it would probably help you stop engaging in the failed ways of racial stereotyping.
    That's a bit rich from someone who's been noted to call Condi a 'house nigra', and put the words 'I gots mine' into her mouth.

    No doubt those are exactly the words your non-extremist, color-blind self would be using regardless of Condi's skin tone.

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    Don't feel bad -- in her role as house nigra and token for the mendacious homophobes in the WH, she'd be glad to sell blacks, women and lesbians down river, too. She's one of those people who believe "White Means Bright!" As she says, "I gots mines" and fuck everyone else.
    Be careful, at any moment James1200 and Homo will put you in with '95% of Republicans'.


    http://justusboys.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=97

  47. #47
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Um, nothing in recent history causes me to change by stated belief that Rice is a token and an incompetent, just as I'm certain that 'Mo and James have seen nothing to disuade them from their beliefs. Now, why don't you get busy with your planning to deprive blacks and poor people of their right to vote, or figure out new and creative ways to block little black girls from going to school?

  48. #48
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3boi View Post
    Alpo alpo....you of the biggoted liberal left want to say someone else stereotypes? My my how the hand of time wither the brain. ALpo always sex Republican or is it pug. Oh I forget that you smart liberal types are allowed to biggot out those you deem unfaitful to your cause.

    Balck white or purple Obama aint got it this year. Get over it.
    Ok ok I will slow down on reading liberal retic. It makes me spell funny.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  49. #49

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    ...or figure out new and creative ways to block little black girls from going to school?
    So you could have an example of such that has occured sometime in the last decade?

  50. #50

    Re: Obama considering run in '08

    Quote Originally Posted by ICO7 View Post
    So you could have an example of such that has occured sometime in the last decade?
    Well, my example was from the last 7 months....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.