JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    grizzled
    smelter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,805

    Code of Conduct

    Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Keith Olbermann special commentary on Bush signing of the Military Commission Act into law.

    http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...0&f=00&fg=copy

  2. #2
    Love is in the air Ramindra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,364

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    That guy knows how to craft words. I watched it all and came away from it feeling more than a little depressed. I am left wondering about the voice which is GWB's conscience, and what it says to GWB.

  3. #3
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Visalia
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    I was really shocked this guy said all of that on TV. One does'n see that sort of thing too much.

    I know there's other sides to this whole issue but the bottom line for me is that ANYTHING that advocates torturing human beings is flat out sick and wrong. If someone is found out through clear evidence to have done something horrendous I'm willing to go as far as saying a death penalty is ok. But to fucking torture someone who may yet be innocent is so stupid/unjustifyable.

    I really don't think gwb has much in the area's of honor or integrity. And for him to be allowed to unleash something like this just makes me scratch my head and wonder where the hell our minds have gone. I look foreward to the next election.

  4. #4
    On the Prowl Liam84215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    82

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanKilter View Post
    I was really shocked this guy said all of that on TV. One does'n see that sort of thing too much.

    I know there's other sides to this whole issue but the bottom line for me is that ANYTHING that advocates torturing human beings is flat out sick and wrong. If someone is found out through clear evidence to have done something horrendous I'm willing to go as far as saying a death penalty is ok. But to fucking torture someone who may yet be innocent is so stupid/unjustifyable.

    I really don't think gwb has much in the area's of honor or integrity. And for him to be allowed to unleash something like this just makes me scratch my head and wonder where the hell our minds have gone. I look foreward to the next election.

    I agree. I wasnt expecting it to be that sort of commentary.
    "Been there done that, messed around, i'm having fun..don't put me down"

  5. #5
    And so on... mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,113

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    [quote=RyanKilter;1894620]I was really shocked this guy said all of that on TV. One does'n see that sort of thing too much.quote]


    Sigh... We truly are a nation of sheep. And now we bare our necks to the blade...

  6. #6
    And so on... mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,113

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Keep your eye on these people. They could "disappear".



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmsOIjzQ1V8

  7. #7
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Visalia
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Yup, some of the first to go.
    Many people wonder why there's such rampant disrespect for this country, what comes to mind is the saying "to be respected one must be respectable".
    People try to justify everything this country does in order to make them feel like they are living in some storybook perfect country. Many things that are remembered without the darker things that happened at the same time.

    ex: "America is a country based on freedom...." meh, and I suppose all the african americans are descendents of volunteer laborers.

    Another is the one about "America is so open to immigrants.... blahblahblah..." Yet there have been many abuses of people from other nations, reasons steming from more than economical and political.

    Anyway i feel that I'm sliding off topic and into Rantland. You know someone's gunna abuse this at some point, and it doesn't have to be the moron who signed it.

  8. #8
    grizzled
    smelter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,805

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    Keep your eye on these people. They could "disappear".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmsOIjzQ1V8
    OMG! ..... this video is hilariously funny but also delivers a serious message about the root cause of our troubles around the world ....... Thanks for posting it, Mega.

  9. #9
    And so on... mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,113

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    I'm glad you liked it.

  10. #10
    Keeland
    Guest

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by smelter44 View Post
    Keith Olbermann special commentary on Bush signing of the Military Commission Act into law.
    What's he say? Microsoft won't allow Macs to connect.

  11. #11
    Porn Star BoSoxFanVa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    336
    Blog Entries
    15

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    I've been watching his show more frequently and I found last nights commentary very moving. There's nothing I like to see more than when a person is as passionate as he was last night. I just wish more of the media would follow in his footsteps. It appears that the media may ask a tough question, but what they get in response is a non-answer and spin. Then they just let the initial question go and the wishy washy answer is all we get. Why can't journalists have more of a backbone especially when dealing with the current administration? I think they are afraid of the "traitor" and "soft on terrorist" tag that will be heaped on them by the right.

    I'm so glad Keith had the guts to speak out like he did last night. I just wish more saw his commentary.

    Thanks mega for bringing it here. If I didn't see it here today, I was going to post it.

    You see, you spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.

  12. #12
    Toriko
    Guest

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeland View Post
    What's he say? Microsoft won't allow Macs to connect.
    I posted the same thing here: http://justusboys.com/forum/showpost...8&postcount=26 MSNBC also won't let Opera connect either, the bastards; I refuse to go back to IE. Here's a direct link to one that should play, considering it is QuickTime: http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchiv...words_are.html

  13. #13
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Golden Triangle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,699

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Keith Oblermann tells it like it is. He calls the President a liar. He calls the lies, lies. I'm always upset that so many reporters or writers, will dance around the word. Keith Oblermann is the only straight shootering reporter out there.

    The quote below is from the video.

    ...
    And if you somehow think habeas corpus has not been suspended for American citizens but only for everybody else, ask yourself this: If you are pulled off the street tomorrow, and they call you an alien or an undocumented immigrant or an “unlawful enemy combatant”—exactly how are you going to convince them to give you a court hearing to prove you are not? Do you think this attorney general is going to help you?
    This President now has his blank check.
    He lied to get it.
    He lied as he received it.
    Is there any reason to even hope he has not lied about how he intends to use it nor who he intends to use it against?
    “These military commissions will provide a fair trial,” you told us yesterday, Mr. Bush, “in which the accused are presumed innocent, have access to an attorney and can hear all the evidence against them.”
    "Presumed innocent," Mr. Bush?
    The very piece of paper you signed as you said that, allows for the detainees to be abused up to the point just before they sustain “serious mental and physical trauma” in the hope of getting them to incriminate themselves, and may no longer even invoke The Geneva Conventions in their own defense.
    "Access to an attorney," Mr. Bush?
    Lieutenant Commander Charles Swift said on this program, Sir, and to the Supreme Court, that he was only granted access to his detainee defendant on the promise that the detainee would plead guilty.
    "Hearing all the evidence," Mr. Bush?
    The Military Commissions Act specifically permits the introduction of classified evidence not made available to the defense.
    Your words are lies, Sir.
    They are lies that imperil us all. ...
    The signing of this act might have been one of the worse days in American history.

  14. #14
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Yeah that Keith is just so brave - so illuminating - we should have more like him

    It's a regular JUB love affair

    NOT

    "exaggerated crisis"
    "govt more dangerous to our liberty than the enemy it claims to protect us from"
    "others more wise than GW Bush"
    "let the govt become like the terrorists"
    "your (Bush) words are lies"

    this is a guy who majored in sarcasm in college - got an A+

    and I'm supposed to take him serious? that when he gets all serious, we should ooh and aah at his intelligence

    NOT

    this guy is so full of himself

    I cannot believe that MSNBC gives this guy an hour a night - this is the same MSNBC that is going thru massive layoffs due to not having a news identity nor an audience. And they wonder why

    Keith is now king of the self hating Americans who blames America for all the world's ills

    He got a little excited there too - did a little "Clinton"

    SO SERIOUS

    And so lacking in credibility

    I think he should just go on the road and campaign for Democrats. Instead of pretending to be a journalist. Just raise his hand and say I want to take down the Bush admin and all his supporters.

    Now that would be honest

    So he won't do it

  15. #15
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    ^ Typical. Rather than go through the work of pointing out what it is you disagree with, you smear the object of your scorn.

    You smear them, you dismiss their statements (without proving them wrong), you discount them and their abilities, you baselessly question their integrity, you poke at them, mock them, all without doing the work of building a set of facts to support your derision. Then, then what do you do? You lambast those who honestly have fact-supported disagreement with your precious pols -- you demand civility, yet you aren't even willing to work for it yourself.

    Now, there's a word for that sort of intellectual dishonesty, and I believe it is "hypocrite." Nothing personal, just the facts as they appear.

  16. #16

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    You smear them, you dismiss their statements (without proving them wrong), you discount them and their abilities, you baselessly question their integrity, you poke at them, mock them, all without doing the work of building a set of facts to support your derision. Then, then what do you do? You lambast those who honestly have fact-supported disagreement with your precious pols -- you demand civility, yet you aren't even willing to work for it yourself.
    De quelle horreur!!! Does 'e not know zat in order to do dez things, first, 'e must make a graphic avec les poulets?

  17. #17
    holland
    Guest

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    kerry and gore really won the elections and 64% of americans hate torture

  18. #18
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Alfie View Post
    ^ Typical. Rather than go through the work of pointing out what it is you disagree with, you smear the object of your scorn.

    You smear them, you dismiss their statements (without proving them wrong), you discount them and their abilities, you baselessly question their integrity, you poke at them, mock them, all without doing the work of building a set of facts to support your derision. Then, then what do you do? You lambast those who honestly have fact-supported disagreement with your precious pols -- you demand civility, yet you aren't even willing to work for it yourself.

    Now, there's a word for that sort of intellectual dishonesty, and I believe it is "hypocrite." Nothing personal, just the facts as they appear.
    Did you say "smear" Alfie? that is laughable - you resemble the word on a consistent basis and call people horrible names all the time.

    I say Keith O has a big ego - you say George Bush is an idiot, a drunk, etc. - but I'm a smearer

    I point out that Keith O's schtick is sarcasm - that he lives for it - that it is his personna - so him getting all serious on us "Beginning of the end of America" - is frankly hard to take

    I point out several comments he makes which I find offensive and laughable really as he says basically that GWB is hurting the country more than the terrorists. And that's a smear?

    Yup - I'm "lambasting" Keith O - he deserves it. You are the smearer - is that a word?

    Thanks for making me laugh Alfie - your righteous indignation is frankly absurd and not a realistic part of your repetoire. You really need to make up your mind on who you are - can't have it both ways. Be foul and save the indignation or shape up and call folks out on it.

  19. #19
    General_Alfie
    Guest

    Re: Beginning of the End of America - 10/18 Keith Olbermann commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1 View Post
    Did you say "smear" Alfie? that is laughable - you resemble the word on a consistent basis and call people horrible names all the time.
    That's not at all the point that I made, chance1, and you know it.

    The point was that YOU baselessly smear people who disagree with you -- which is now two-thirds of America -- and (worse, way worse) in the very next breath, you routinely lament the passing of political manners and the practice of smearing one's political opponents by the left. The VERY THING you do, you accuse others of doing. And as we have seen on this forum, you justl cannot be bothered to bring any facts with you to support your (you know) smears -- it's all based on your own fractured political/social world-view, that's all it is.

    Further, you stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1
    Keith is now king of the self hating Americans who blames America for all the world's ills

    He got a little excited there too - did a little "Clinton"

    SO SERIOUS

    And so lacking in credibility

    I think he should just go on the road and campaign for Democrats. Instead of pretending to be a journalist. Just raise his hand and say I want to take down the Bush admin and all his supporters.
    That's a little bit more than saying Keith has a "big ego," chance1...

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1
    Thanks for making me laugh Alfie - your righteous indignation is frankly absurd and not a realistic part of your repetoire. You really need to make up your mind on who you are - can't have it both ways. Be foul and save the indignation or shape up and call folks out on it.
    Another personal attack -- you don't even see them, that's how hypocritical the entire act, the hyper right-wing "Concerned About Comity" act really is. It doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by chance1
    I point out several comments he makes which I find offensive and laughable really as he says basically that GWB is hurting the country more than the terrorists. And that's a smear?
    Just because you find them offensive doesn't make these words untrue. You are part of a small and dwindling minority, a minority that views disagreement as heresy. And I would further state that you clearly did not read the transcript of Keith's statement because, frankly, his facts speak louder than your, or dictator Bush's, words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.