JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: Grammar Lesson

  1. #1
    JUB Addict bluedragon4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Your life must be pretty boring. Who cares.Some people type fast.My gripe is people who bitch about small things like it was the end of the world.

  2. #2
    Complexly Simple ahotjock71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Auburn, AL, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,944

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    In before lock!

    (One of these days I'm going to say that & a mod is actually
    going to lock the thread. )

  3. #3
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,975

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    just for that i am going ee cummings i will use no more punctuation or capital letters

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  4. #4
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,975

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    i hope you dont take mine as a pissed off response

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  5. #5
    Vodka and mouthwash
    BenF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    7,303

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Some people are just thick - don't try to tell them any different, you're just wasting your breath.

  6. #6
    JUB Addict spooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,856

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by JDsmagik View Post
    *clip*
    It most likely won't do a damn thing to those who need to learn it the most. You'll just bitch and moan like always.

    Have a nice day.
    Proper GRAMMAR demands agreement of person here. One shouldn't use 3rd person in the antecedent and follow with 2nd person in the voice.

    Just thought you should know.....'ya no?.....

    Have a nice day.....

  7. #7
    RentHead pacz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New York
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    13,014

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I'm glad that you recognized that many members second language is English.

  8. #8
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,975

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    fly like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

    sorry, ill leave now

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  9. #9

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by JDsmagik View Post
    Since so many of you are "pissed-off" by grammar corrections, I thought I'd let you know that there are hundreds of members on this site who are just as annoyed at these repeated mistakes.

    Typos are one thing, but just not giving a shit is another.

    Your DOES NOT mean you are, that's "you're"

    There is not a catch-all for

    Their (possesive) or They are, which is "they're"

    This is elementary school stuff and not rocket science.

    p.s. This is NOT directed at the members who use English as a second, third, etc. language. Although, at some point, they should learn these differences. Maybe this thread will help them.

    It most likely won't do a damn thing to those who need to learn it the most. You'll just bitch and moan like always.

    Have a nice day.


    I hate to bitch here but I have to correct you. You used a run-on sentence in your diatribe about grammar. You wrote, "Your DOES NOT mean you are", and followed that comment with a comma and then another sentence. The comma is where the problem is. That should be a period. I appreciate correct grammar too.

  10. #10
    In Loving Memory herenthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    1,605

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Cant we al jist get along

  11. #11
    In Loving Memory herenthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    1,605

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by JDsmagik View Post
    My point exactly. Only the people who already know these things will even bother to look at them.

    I never said I, or anyone, had to be perfect. It isn't about that, it's about making an effort.

    Sometimes, always for many, you just want to type and not think about the rules. I just like to remind myself, and others, that it does not go unnoticed.
    I see your point.

    When i first read your posting I thought you were being a little critical and maybe a little "bitchy".

    As I watched your posts I realized all you wanted, was for us to have a little more respect for the English language.

    I agree..
    Thanks for the wake up

  12. #12
    Sex God Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    670

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I completely agree with JDsmagik. The problem is more and more prevalent. The rise of texting and the internet has lowered expectations and no-one seems to care much about it. I see it in business emails too. So many people just rely on spellcheckers as though that is going do their thinking for them.

  13. #13
    Acolyte of the flux
    treanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    9,416

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I've said this before and I'll say it again: I don't mind spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes, as long as I can still understand the text. I have to admit that mistakes like they're/there/their and it's/its stick out for me, but I don't skip a post simply because it isn't perfect. My posts aren't either.


    It's not about perfection, it's about communication.
    ."We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
    (Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan)

  14. #14
    JUB 10k Club
    Eagle653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,377

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I agree completely, JDsmagik.

    I also agree with adidas4boyspunk in that it frequently amounts to what I choose to read and even try to understand. If it's full of grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors, I just don't bother trying to sort it all out.

    I also think many others, consciously or unconsciously, form opinions about the validity of someone's comments based on how well they're expressed (with the exception of those for whom English is a second language). So, yeah, I think taking the time to express yourself clearly is worth it.

  15. #15

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    When you meet someone, you naturally form conclusions about them based on their grooming, clothing, manners, use of speech etc.
    On the net, all we usually see are their writing abilities.

  16. #16
    plus whatever
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by BenF46 View Post
    Some people are just thick - don't try to tell them any different, you're just wasting your breath.
    or, in this case, their key-strokes
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic72451_1.gif


    awed by the power of words

  17. #17
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    oddly enough, i can say that i have seen another side of this issue

    up till now, i have always stubbornly said that grammar and spelling nazis dont consider the english as a second language people... that its too hard to keep up with the spelling rules.i have a hard time with remembering the rules of capitalization and spelling exceptions in english.. and honestly...?

    i have started using the spell checker

    heres the reason that i never considered until recently

    my brother knows little english and cannot read it at all. he doesnt know the alphabet yet.

    he uses a translator program to read JUb

    the program has a hard time with bad grammar and bad spelling

    Guess who he constantly asks for help when the program spits out gibberish back at him if the grammar and spelling is off?

    yup, that would be me

    I never considered that better english actually helps the folks who know english the least amongst us

    live and learn, I guess

  18. #18
    On the Prowl jordyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    89

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    ugh MSN messenger and texting have turned me into the laziest typer ever! i now type without capitalization and without apostrophes...(and i use elipses a lot now.....see?). it doesnt help that if i do type like this in Word, it will fix everything for me. but, for the record, i do pay attention to you're/your, its/it's, their/there, they're. i guess i just feel like what i do doesnt necessarily mess with the flow of what i am saying, whereas word choice does. or does it? you tell me, lol.
    :thewaveeath is the road to Awe:thewave:

  19. #19
    Porn Star crlcxll's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nice, France
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    464

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    JD,

    I am happy to see that you have posted this thread. I am always amazed at how many grammatical errors are found in speaking and writing English, especially when it is one's first tongue.

    English grammar is not taught very well in American schools anymore, and that is really a shame. Using short hand responses in IM's does not help the situation either. I have an extraordinarily educated colleague (Cambridge University) who sends me electronic messsages that read as follows: "RU going 2 the meeting 2day?" It is simply not acceptable. I always have to correct the grammar and punctuation in his research papers which he submits for journal publications. What a shame!

    I read an article which reported that high school seniors in Buffalo, New York, did not know their multiplication tables. When asked why, one the students responded by saying that it is not necessary since he always uses a calculator.

    It is a known fact that education in America is among the worst in the world. There is certainly no reason whatsoever for that to be the case.

  20. #20
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,975

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I can't speak for anyone, but I read so much in a given day, that I become accustomed to proper written English.

    For most it wouldn't be a problem. However, my mild OCD tends to fixate on the errors, making it difficult to continue.

    I would neither think less of, nor hold it against someone who didn't have perfect grammar.

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  21. #21
    Porn Star crlcxll's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nice, France
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    464

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Weeman, your post is a perfect example of the fact that people can't write. I notice that you live in Australia in which English is the first language; however, your first language may not be English. I am guessing that your first language is not English by the way in which you wrote. If that be the case, then I apologise; otherwise, I suggest that you take a remedial course in writing. I trust that you do not speak the way you write if English is your first language.

    Not caring about the way one speaks and writes is a real shame. The internet is only one way of communicating. People still have to communicate face to face in daily life.

  22. #22

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    lol, brb, btw, wtf, etc. what the hell is that all about? the internet has changed how we type. who really cares. jesus christ, you are on a porn site. who gives a fuck. or is fcuk the proper way to spell it on jub? why can't everyone enjoy this site for what it is? a bunch of bithcy gays.

  23. #23
    Reasurringly Expensive
    Nonimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newport Chav
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Oh, Again with the Grammar!

  24. #24
    JUB Addicts Dobson73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,003
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon4 View Post
    Your life must be pretty boring. Who cares.Some people type fast.My gripe is people who bitch about small things like it was the end of the world.
    "like it". You mean, "as if", don't you?

  25. #25
    JUB Addicts Dobson73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,003
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeman View Post
    People who can't stand with bad gammar are control freak. People should accept it what they are writing and learn to listen and read. Leave them ALONE !!!
    No, we're not, Weeman, we care about English and we care about where it is being dragged. Why should we accept sub-standard grammer, spelling and punctuation because our Teachers are too lazy to teach correct English?

    If you were to ever apply for a job with my company, your CV would be in the bin should you present with English such as this.

  26. #26
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    dobson

    i'm sure he knows the difference between a job aplication and an internet porn site board

    there are gray areas here folks....

  27. #27
    JUB Addicts Dobson73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,003
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreus View Post
    dobson

    i'm sure he knows the difference between a job aplication and an internet porn site board

    there are gray areas here folks....
    I hope so, but having seen applications cross my desk in the past with this level of grammar and English, I have doubts.

  28. #28
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by MattieMich View Post
    And, for the record, I shed commas like a collie sheds hair. I don't care. It's a forum and not a college essay. I know my grammar is not the best and I'll often use your in place of you're, it's not because I don't know the difference it's because I was just typing in a hurry. I think that is often the case when people use it incorrectly. I'm not asking for a job, I'm not applying for a position with a newspaper and I'm not entering a contest. Sometimes I'll actually type what I want to say in Microsoft Word and do a spelling and grammar check, but not always.\
    Hey Mattie!

    My teacher in college English told me "leave your comma shaker at home." He said I use commas the way some people use table salt, "all over the place."

    LOL



    Thanks JDsmagik. I appreciate grammatical tips, it helps me to improve my writing skills. (Or lack thereof )

    I try to pay attention to there, their, and they're. I also try to pay attention to, too, and two.

    But, if anyone actually reads any of my posts, one can tell that I sometimes think faster than I type. This is the reason that you'll find verbs and adverbs missing.

    So, it's not that I don't care. I just don't always take the time to "proof" short responses to some of my posts. The other posts, I try to makes sure that I'm getting my point across, and that the words or correct. I'm not always successful in that department either.

    I wish I had a British sensibility about the use of the English language and grammar but I don't.
    The last time I check most of our "mates" across the pond say that us Yanks don't utilize the English Language at all. So I guess we're actually speaking a derivative of Spanish and English; Spanglish.

    By the way. Have you ever noticed when you buy something in North America that requires assembly, that the instructions are provided in English, French, and Spanish?

    That's because those are the three most dominant languages spoken in North America.

    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  29. #29
    Sex God Northernguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    942

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    For the people saying that "txt spk" is destroying the english language and that people can't differentiate the two, you may like to read this (a study that showed school children who frequently used text slang perform better than average in spelling and literacy tests).

    I think I write in a fairly legible way most of the time and my grammar isn't too bad. But that doesn't stop me from using txt slang when instant messaging (on a corporate network and at home). While some people may have incredible difficulty in getting their heads around several context-sensitive "versions" of modern english, I think the vast majority don't. I've not yet seen a job application in the style of:

    "LOLZ spent 2yrs srving burgerz and chipz in BK WTF they pwn!!1!!!one!!one haxxorz"

  30. #30

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    It's just a matter of perspective.
    Text messaging between friends is one thing, but expressing your thoughts in a serious thread is quite another. It seems to imply lazyness which is a virtue most people don't admire.
    There are some very serious threads on this site which deal with grief, rejection, coming out issues etc, in which the writers bare their souls and hearts. To reply in cyber speak is thoughtless and inconsiderate.

  31. #31
    Extreme Muppet trawler69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cornwall U.K.
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I know the rules and do check my posts before hitting the post button. My main problem is double letters in some spellings. I sometimes put a double when it should be a single. I do notice mistakes but who am I to judge peolpe on their mistakes? It may be lack of knowledge or just a slip up, I don't know. The english language is fiendishly difficult, as anyone to whom it is not a first language, will attest. I've probably made several mistakes in this post, commerated, when I shouldn't appostriffied badl'y missd ot leters and even used word that don't exist but I hope you get the drift.

  32. #32
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Some of the topics in this thread reminds me those "after school" School House Rock segments.

    Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs here:



    Which were always fun, and as silly as it sounds actually helps me to remember.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  33. #33
    Slut
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    279

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    good thread.my grammar is suck since english is my 3rd languages

  34. #34
    Missing
    Zeremonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Orientation
    Straight
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,179
    Blog Entries
    19

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by unclaimedblessing View Post
    When you meet someone, you naturally form conclusions about them based on their grooming, clothing, manners, use of speech etc.
    On the net, all we usually see are their writing abilities.
    That was exactly what I was thinking but not sure the best way to say it. Thanks for posting that.

    Whenever we have these threads, I just feel surprised that there are lots of people who seem totally uninterested in improving their grammar. For a brief while I participated on a non-English board. Let me tell you, it was painful. I would have appreciated reading a thread like this because I needed it. And for those of you who speak English as your first language, why wouldn't you want to brush up on your grammar? (Rhetorical question).

  35. #35
    JUB Addict greaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    london
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,379

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    I assume most of the people who have responded to this thread have read/heard of this book. But just in case...

    http://eatsshootsandleaves.com/


  36. #36
    JUB Addict innocentbychoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,935

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    BORING. I try to write the right way but there's people that don't care and this thread won't make any difference.

  37. #37
    Amateur *********
    nwdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West of Seattle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,766
    Blog Entries
    52

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Could someone please clarify its, it's and also where the punctuation goes after a quote.

    For example

    He said, "Hey you're hot"!
    or is it
    He said, "Hey you're hot!"

    Which one is correct. I barely made it through the US public school system with my dignity in tact.

    What do you call someone that can speak 3 languages? Trilingual
    What do you call someone that can speak 2 languages? Bilingual
    What do you call someone that can speak 1 language? An American.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/userimages/1/0/1/8/9/264847.jpg
    "I’ll simply assert that I believe most gay men possess three genes that aren’t shared by a large portion of the population. Those genes are Quality, Taste, and Style." - Tim Gunn

  38. #38
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    My understanding is that the punctuation always goes inside the quote.

    But what do I know, I had a similiar experience in Public Education myself.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  39. #39
    Vodka and mouthwash
    BenF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    7,303

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by nwdavis View Post
    Could someone please clarify its, it's and also where the punctuation goes after a quote.

    For example

    He said, "Hey your hot"!
    or is it
    He said, "Hey your hot!"

    Which one is correct?
    Neither.

    It's "Hey, you're hot!" - Have you learnt nothing from this thread??

  40. #40
    Missing
    Zeremonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Orientation
    Straight
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,179
    Blog Entries
    19

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Yes, punctuation always goes inside the quote, even if it looks weird.

    He said, "I'm not guilty of this crime" . The Prosecutor produced persuasive evidence at trial which included his confession where he said "I robbed the bank to raise bail money for my wife". (wrong)


    He said, "I'm not guilty of this crime." The Prosecutor produced persuasive evidence at trial which included his confession where he said "I robbed the bank to raise bail money for my wife." (right)

  41. #41
    Amateur *********
    nwdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West of Seattle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,766
    Blog Entries
    52

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeremonie View Post
    Yes, punctuation always goes inside the quote, even if it looks weird.

    He said, "I'm not guilty of this crime" . The Prosecutor produced persuasive evidence at trial which included his confession where he said "I robbed the bank to raise bail money for my wife". (wrong)


    He said, "I'm not guilty of this crime." The Prosecutor produced persuasive evidence at trial which included his confession where he said "I robbed the bank to raise bail money for my wife." (right)
    How did I know it would be something criminal as an example.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/userimages/1/0/1/8/9/264847.jpg
    "I’ll simply assert that I believe most gay men possess three genes that aren’t shared by a large portion of the population. Those genes are Quality, Taste, and Style." - Tim Gunn

  42. #42
    Reasurringly Expensive
    Nonimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newport Chav
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,338

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeremonie View Post

    For a brief while I participated on a non-English board. Let me tell you, it was painful. I would have appreciated reading a thread like this because I needed it. And for those of you who speak English as your first language, why wouldn't you want to brush up on your grammar? (Rhetorical question).

    That's true hun, but i was taught in school that the aim of learning a different language is the ability to communicate with another culture - its about relaying your information in a format they will understand and can reciprocate - grammar mistakes here and there are not the issue, communication is - God knows the bleeding French don't give a damn about it - "Hescoose me, wore is the mooseom plez?"

    I think it's the same here - communicate your feelings/thoughts/humour without having to worry if the , or the ' is in the right place or even or not if you need to insert a ; or a :

  43. #43
    JUB Addict seven_sins's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Briar Patch
    Posts
    5,653
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by JDsmagik View Post
    Since so many of you are "pissed-off" by grammar corrections, I thought I'd let you know that there are hundreds of members on this site who are just as annoyed at these repeated mistakes.
    JD, You are just blowing in the wind if you want to correct those who didn't learn to "write good."

  44. #44

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    actually I like grammar error. It makes the guys seem more blue collar and manly.

    especially in personal ads.

    sticklers for grammar are queens usually.

    give me the MAN cock. leave the queens at the library.

  45. #45

    Re: Grammar Lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by crlcxll View Post
    JD,

    I am happy to see that you have posted this thread. I am always amazed at how many grammatical errors are found in speaking and writing English,

    It is a known fact that education in America is among the worst in the world. There is certainly no reason whatsoever for that to be the case.
    "Grammatical error." You think that's proper English????

    Newsflash for ya: It's "error in grammar." But what do I know? I was educated in the United States of America.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.