JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    1st love ron
    Guest

    getting snippy glares from other gays

    Just wondering if anybody else gets glared at from other gays. Sometimes a gay guy out in public (walking down the street, in a store, etc.) will give me dirty looks. I'm minding my own business, not cruising him or anything like that. Not sure what's going on. If I were a handsome hunk then I could see a small-minded person hating me for that, but it's definitely not that. Maybe they are being stereotypical bitchy queens. I don't think it's because they are in denial, because I know of at least 2 openly gay guys that I see once or twice a year (work related) and I get the same treatment. Could it be some kind of gay signal that I don't know about (lol...)? Seriously though, WTF?

  2. #2
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,975

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Do you have something on your face? Maybe your zippers open. Who knows. Pay them no mind.

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  3. #3
    Slut chris0626's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fabulous Ferndale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    279

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Yes, ignore them--completely! (That will ensure further shitty glances from them in the future )
    -Chris

    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
    -Auntie Mame

  4. #4
    Who took my name? :/
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    1,804

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Put them on your ignore list (<--- so geeky, lol)

  5. #5
    elvin1
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I never get snippy glares...I mean some guys stare but I don't think they want me dead or anything...

  6. #6
    On the Prowl BigJ7forU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    85

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I take a few glances, maybe you're one of those hot guys that hard to keep the
    eyes off of...

  7. #7
    Porn Star SFMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Not out in public. The only time this has happened to me was when I was in a gay bar, and I had this bitch glared at me as if to say "Don't even THINK of coming over and talking to me!" That attitude is so unnecessary.

    Bottom line, don't let other guys actions determine how you think about yourself.

  8. #8
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    i usually get those looks from gay men for farting in public

    maybe you need a fashion makeover or something

  9. #9
    1st love ron
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJ7forU View Post
    I take a few glances, maybe you're one of those hot guys that hard to keep the
    eyes off of...

    LMAO! I'm a bald guy in my late 40s, so um, no.

  10. #10
    Slut chris0626's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fabulous Ferndale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    279

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreus View Post
    i usually get those looks from gay men for farting in public

    maybe you need a fashion makeover or something
    That is just SO wrong!
    -Chris

    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
    -Auntie Mame

  11. #11
    an 8 pac and a V line Danugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,909

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    If you hadnt started this thread i would have because i think i know what you are talking about.

    For me particularly though, i dont like it when im the road and a gay guy would use his gay dar and detect you, but just because he figures you out he gives this look like "yea i know your business". Its mostly effeminate guys that do that though. Whenever they sense that another guy is gay they give the look to let you know that they know that you are gay. No verbal communication necessary, its just understood.

    On a side note there is this guy. I am almost sure he is gay, infact i really think he is gay, i just get this vibe from him, He is not effeminate not ultra masculine just av. anyways we are not friends and i dont know why we arent friends, because im sure he can pick up signals that i like guys too. Even if he is not attracted to me why are we not friends, its just really wiered i cant figure him out. We talk and all but we are not friends even on a straight level.

    Anyways back to the thread at hand.

  12. #12
    Last Chance Jubber justsimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,795

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by newboy12 View Post
    On a side note there is this guy. I am almost sure he is gay, infact i really think he is gay, i just get this vibe from him, He is not effeminate not ultra masculine just av. anyways we are not friends and i dont know why we arent friends, because im sure he can pick up signals that i like guys too. Even if he is not attracted to me why are we not friends, its just really wiered i cant figure him out. We talk and all but we are not friends even on a straight level.
    Um... I'm not friends with every gay man I know. That's like saying: I know this Jewish guy. I'm sure he can tell I'm Jewish, too. So why aren't we friends? It doesn't always work like that.

  13. #13
    Porn Star fliptrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest US
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    468

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    You say bald like it's a bad thing...

    True that it is to most younger guys and perhaps that is the reason for the 'don't come near me' looks, but I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you...they all get their's soon enough and you will always end up with the last laugh.

    Personally, I love it when I run into someone that treated me like dirt when they were cute and had hot bods and I run into them after they have lost their hair and gained about 50 lbs...I usually say something rude like 'put on a little since I saw you last'..or hand them a card for hair restoration

  14. #14
    Stroker1
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    It wouldn't surprise me if the guy had a sneer on his face before he even turned in your direction.

    Some guys look jaded and that they drink and/or do drugs toooo much. They always look a bit grumpy coz they don't enjoy life as much anymore. Then they just happen to look in your direction and still look grumpy. I've noticed this sometimes.

  15. #15
    The Baroness of Bling
    Swellegant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oakland (on scenic San Francisco Bay)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,195
    Blog Entries
    30

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    So a few years ago, when I was young and silly, I decided to buy this sort of pirate shirt from International Male. It was champagne satin with rather poofy sleeves and a lace-up placket. I decided to wear it to Pride with a pair of cutoffs, hightop sneakers, and an amber rhinestone necklace. I thought I was the shiznit.

    But on seven separate occasions, I passed bitter queens of various ages who, immediately upon passing me so as to still be in earshot, stage-whispered to their companions some variation of "Can you believe what she's wearing?" or "I didn't know people actually bought those shirts!" The goggle-eyed stares of people who couldn't believe what I was wearing but at least had the courtesy to not say so out loud were more than I could count. I was never so humiliated in my whole life. Well, maybe I was... but not by my outfit.

    Some people just have to feel superior to everyone else. It's not very nice. Unfortunately, it's a lot of fun to sneer at people and come up with witty little barbs to make fun of them in one way or another. But I always feel it's important that the person you're making fun of cannot either see nor hear you making fun of him or her. And I always try to find something positive to say about them at the same time. The negativity has to be counterbalanced somehow, or you become mired in the bitterness.

    * Question the Dominant Paradigm *

  16. #16
    The_Pianist
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I just use the Force and make them temporarily blind for while. I'm suddenly unnoticable to them and the next time our paths cross and they espy me, it's pure fear I see in their eyes and they immediately look elsewhere or cast their gaze groundward.

  17. #17
    Monster of Love Johnny Yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tumwater
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,550
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Studies have shown that poor quality, low fashion shoes will cause involuntary negative reactions in gay men. You may need to examine your choice of footwear... or risk never getting laid again.

  18. #18
    I-Heart-Menz
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I know exactly what you're talking about, and it's messed up. It's this type of attitude that turns me off from visiting the "gayborhood" (the gay strip).

    Whenever a queen gives me one of those "snippy" looks, I just give one right back at em.

  19. #19
    Sin City Cock-Sucker!!
    cocktales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,838
    Blog Entries
    251

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    For what-ever-reason these people are treating you un-kind with their attitude, I hope you do NOT let them cause you to be too uncomfortable and NOT e njoy yourself in their presence...

    I have actually approached people who I thought were giving me the "evil-eye" and they denied doing it to me....but, I know........just like you do, when people are being snotty and turning their nose up at me!!

    When Gays do it to other Gays, I think it's worse than straights doin it, don't you? I mean, if we canNOT be held with any esteem within our own crowds, then howinthehell are we to be represented within others???

    I'm sorry, but I may seem like a nice, quiet, Walter Mitty; but when something does NOT seem right to me, I will sort it out and actually "ask" what's wrong!!

    Maybe, if we ALL "ask", then those people who give us the "evil-eyes" will just stop!
    One day Gay people WILL have the same Civil Rights once granted to all peoples regardless of the color of their skin, sex or sexual orientation....Shall we wait or should we demand those rights?

  20. #20
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    93

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Well, if it's a don't come and talk to me look...that helps me out, because
    I would never want to talk to anybody like that in the first place. People
    need to get a grip on their egos a bit...because an arrogant prick isn't
    very attractive...atleast for me he isn't.
    If it's just someone shooting me an eye, who cares. They can walk up
    and say something if they have a problem. I'm not a tiny build guy,
    so be my guest.

  21. #21

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I get that by certain guys at clubs. I don't know. Not to sound conceited, but I get a lot of attention from guys because of how I look. I guess they think I'm after their men or something. The funny thing is the guy giving me the dirty looks is usually the better looking one. If I wanted either of them it'd be the ones giving me the shitty glares. lol

  22. #22
    brisyboy
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I've always seem to have got 'snippy glares' from other guys. Maybe because I'm a bit shorter than the average height for my age? When I've been out with my mates (gay or straight) one of them is always reminding me that another guy is eyeing me off. Who knows

  23. #23
    In Loving Memory Andreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    20,470

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by chris0626 View Post
    That is just SO wrong!
    if being me is wrong i dont wanna be right

  24. #24
    Student of Human Nature NickCole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,927

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I have a friend in his 20s who's very good looking and I noticed he was giving that look to gay men sometimes. Right after he did it, once on the street, I asked him why. "He was leering at me! They do that all the time in this neighborhood just cuz I'm good looking."

    I told him what a jackass I thought he was being. Reminded him it's nice to be good looking and it's nice that people notice and appreciate it -- it should feel good. It's especially annoying because he loves that he's good looking and uses it all the time. Giving a snippy glare, just because he doesn't want them for anything, to guys who appreciate his good looks seems to me a particularly ungenerous response.

    But I believe what we put out comes back to us. And underneath it all, despite his beauty and many opportunities available to him, he is not a happy man. Remember that the next time a guy gives you a snippy look -- he's probably pretty unhappy.

  25. #25
    Curiouser and Curiouser evilest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,872

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Some people are just mean, bitter assholes.
    Bend me, break me, anyway you need me
    as long as I want you baby, it's alright.


  26. #26
    HoodedRat
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    I rarely venture out into the public zone, but when I do I find that I have miraculously become completely invisible to all (obviously) gay men of any age.

    Old women always notice me, and of course I get those hostile ('what the fuck are you looking at?') glares from straight guys; but gay men seem totally oblivious to my presence.

  27. #27
    jubber miatajeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,553
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by evilest View Post
    Some people are just mean, bitter assholes.
    That about sums it up ...

    but truthfully some people have told me I looked pissed off or mean when I am tired, or frustrated, And I certainly didn't mean to look like the bitter bitch I am, so it is most likely someone just glancing your way and the snooty face has nothing to do with you...

    And finally-never assume because you are a certain age of size or whatever that someone is not attracted to you. Really it takes all types -right?

    So the moral of the story is the next time you get one of those looks from a guy in public, you may want to consider taking your hand off of his cock

  28. #28
    an 8 pac and a V line Danugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,909

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Today this butch queen tried to give me attitude. I had to interact with the queen and just because she used her gaydar on me she started getting snippy and giving me looks i just high tailed it out as soon as i could.

  29. #29
    HCODiver
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by NameTaken View Post
    Put them on your ignore list (<--- so geeky, lol)
    Haha nice.

    People are jealous.

    Ignore them.

    Kyndal

  30. #30
    Porn Star SFMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    469
    Blog Entries
    4

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by NickCole View Post
    But I believe what we put out comes back to us. And underneath it all, despite his beauty and many opportunities available to him, he is not a happy man. Remember that the next time a guy gives you a snippy look -- he's probably pretty unhappy.
    If your friend is unhappy now, think how unhappy he will be when he starts to look old.

  31. #31
    JDsmagik
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Quote Originally Posted by 1st love ron View Post
    LMAO! I'm a bald guy in my late 40s, so um, no.

    ...and you're just now asking about the "snippy glares"?

    Didn't you read about it in the manual?

  32. #32
    Weeman
    Guest

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    When I was younger especially that man always gave me hard stare LOL then I stare him as he walk past on his neck turn still lookin at me Creepy !!!!

  33. #33

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    they want you but can't have you. i get nasty looks from queens but that is because they want to have sex with me and i won't touch them. you have to be really passionate about something to take the energy to be mean.

  34. #34
    Sex God Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    670

    Code of Conduct

    Re: getting snippy glares from other gays

    Always remember, a person's response to you says more about him than it does about you.

    It's hard to feel good about yourself when someone is being uncalled-for and glaring at you for no reason, but it pays to remember, they're the one with the problem, not you.

    I get this at gay bars too. I don't know why so many "out" guys are bitchy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.