JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2678 12 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 3895

Thread: Comics!

      
   
  1. #301
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by winterknight View Post
    Cap & Co sprung a bunch of anti-reg's from a prison convoy in ASM #535 and FF#539. Although we didn't see any of their faces, it was stated that they all got away.

    From context, the scene takes place after the battle in CW #3/4 where Billy was captured. It's therefore at least possible that he was among them.

    At least, I'm choosing to believe that he was. And so are a hell of a lot of other people.

    Oh, and there is already fanfic out there ... most of it along the lines of This
    Link me to more. I need to fill a void. Haha, thanks for that, though. Keep hoping.

  2. #302
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    You want more? Mua ha ha ha ha

    Okay, dorksidefilker on LJ writes a lot of YA fanfic, I'll drag out all her cw stuff. Hang on a sec....

    Okay, in chronological order:

    Safe as... (Billy & Teddy in the safehouse. Warning: Smut )

    Tea (Tommy in the safehouse)

    Tony & Mrs Kaplan (Before Billy's capture)

    Waiting Game (immediately after Billy's capture)

    Reaction (Billy in prison)

    The Breakout

    After the breakout

    Complete list of all her YA fics:

    http://dorksidefiker.livejournal.com/116912.html

    Oh and supposedly Tom Brevoort has confirmed on his blog that Wiccan WAS amonst the escapees. Sadly, I can't find the entry in question. Damn.
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  3. #303
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Gahhh, link for the first story is wrong.

    Here's the right one:

    http://dorksidefiker.livejournal.com/30027.html
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  4. #304
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Thanks!

    I LOOOVE you....AND Marvels...

    I love everyone, now.

  5. #305
    Slut Giomanach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    220

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    So the story would be like

    New X-Men Academy X Choosing Sides
    New X-Men Academy X Haunted
    New X-Men Academy X Hellions
    New X-men Academy X X-Posed
    Oh... >.<
    That 'Hellions' issue you mention - is that included within the three graphic novels?
    Cos from what I get, checking through the numbers, is that it must be.
    Unless it's a spin-off/separate gn?
    The 'This issue compiles material originally published in....' all add up as a complete story, the way I've set it out, so... I'm confused.

    Phoenix: Endsong

    Cool. But my original aim, [I don't think I even made it clear. Sorry!]
    was to know if my current guess of where it fits in with Academy X/ Childhood's End arc is correct. Even if it is slightly alternate, my guess placed it in between :
    AcademyX
    AcademyX:HoM
    Endsong
    Childhood's End

    The Stepford Cuckoos

    Yes... I got the gist from a Wiki article I read a month/two ago when I was madly 'absorbing' info derived through links from X3:TLS article.
    Quintuplets. Blonde. Telepaths.
    Emma Frost's favourites.

    But, you just made it clear. Thanks.
    So what I saw in HoM was actually an alternate 'serving' of the story, as opposed to the 'real' way the two others died.
    I might have to track down the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    X-Men: The End is a three-book alternate timeline chronicling the final battle of the X-Men.
    It attracts me cos of that whole fiasco with the school under siege. And the art looked appealing, at least last time I skimmed it at Borders.
    However, do you know if the art is similar to that of Endsong?? Cos... I'm enchanted with that style. It was so...
    'Realistic'. I could actually see these characters as humans, instead of simple cartoon-like characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    And if the X-Mansione xploding bothered you, get ready, because the mansion has beend estroyed, lik, a hundred times in the standard universe.
    **groan**
    Oh, man...
    I know it must've happened prior to NX: Academy X - since they mention it just got rebuilt. But I never processed the proper reasons why - if they ever fully explained, from 'Haunted' [vol2]

    Quote Originally Posted by winterknight View Post
    Mourning: To grossly oversimplify; House of M was an alternate universe that was created when Wanda Maximoff went crazy and re-wrote the whole of reality so that her dad (Magneto) was basically King of Everything. Some of the X-men and Avengers discoverd that stuff was screwy, and went to confront her so it would all get put right again - but doing so lead straight into the whole Decimation mess.

    There was a limited edition series that told the whole story, and while it was running, all the regular Marvel books were "transplanted" into the HoM universe.
    Thanks.

    Geez... You guys are walking encyclopaedias....
    WHY didn't I come here before!!? ^____^
    You guys were awesome.
    Thank you, both of you.

  6. #306
    JUB Addict bluedragon4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,389

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    anyone playing justice league heroes? if so than how is it?i may buy it today.

  7. #307
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningSpirit View Post
    Oh... >.<
    That 'Hellions' issue you mention - is that included within the three graphic novels?
    Cos from what I get, checking through the numbers, is that it must be.
    Unless it's a spin-off/separate gn?
    The 'This issue compiles material originally published in....' all add up as a complete story, the way I've set it out, so... I'm confused.
    Hellions is part of the main continuity, but was published as a separate mini-series rather than as part of the main NXM:AX line, which is why the issue numbers in the TPB's don't seem to add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MourningSpirit View Post
    Phoenix: Endsong

    Cool. But my original aim, [I don't think I even made it clear. Sorry!]
    was to know if my current guess of where it fits in with Academy X/ Childhood's End arc is correct. Even if it is slightly alternate, my guess placed it in between :
    AcademyX
    AcademyX:HoM
    Endsong
    Childhood's End
    Childhood's end begins immediately after the HOM is dispelled, the chaos you see at the school during the opening pages is a direct result of Wanda's "No More Mutants" proclamation at the end of the HoM miniseries. So there's no room for Endsong to take place between HoM and Chilhood's End, because one begins immediately where the other leaves off.

    The mistake you're making is that Endsong, if it's part of any continuity at all, is part of the Astonishing X-Men continuity rather than the NXM:AX one, and Marvel timescales are so whacked that attempting to figure out when different comic lines happen in relationship to each other is (usually) futile.

    We don't really see (that I recall) any of the depowered mutants in Endsong, so we can't really be sure whether it takes place before HoM or after. My best guess - and like I said, the time scales are whacked, so this is always going to be speculative - is that the NXM:AX and Astonishing/Endsong lines line up something like this:

    Code:
    Astonishing                                          NXM:AX
    
    Gifted                                               Choosing Sides
                                                         Haunted
    Dangerous                                            Hellions
    Endsong happens somewhere                       
    between here and Civil War                           X-Posed
    
    --------------           HOUSE OF M                   ----------
    
                                                          Childhood's End
    
    --------------            CIVIL WAR                    ----------
    Torn
    
    Phoenix: Warsong happens some time after all the above.
    But like I say, that's all just a guess
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  8. #308
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon4 View Post
    anyone playing justice league heroes? if so than how is it?i may buy it today.
    It unfortunately got really bad reviews. I also see it droppign drastically in price. So I'd say rent it, then make your decision....

    But helllo! KYLE RAYNAR!

  9. #309
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Not that I'd ever play it because I don't care much for DC, but is it a platform similar to X-Men Legends? Or is it a beat-'em-up single fighter, choose your character deal?

  10. #310
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I live in a democratic country, but I am not American. Far from actually, and I don't believe democracy is the best way to serve my people, on account that more than half of us are illiterate masses clinging to the feet of actors and actresses running for office. The majority vote is in no way beneficial when the majority are composed of drooling buffoons.

    It is unfortunate that (has this been confirmed? I haven't been keeping up with the cross-overs...) parole is impossible as you say, and I must agree that it should have not been the way. For minor infractions at the least. People like Nitro (and to some extent Logan) should rot. However, is it just me, or didn't Tony give all the heroes a heads-up regarding the SRA? And didn't half of those heroes immediately resign to the belief that the act was evil-in-paper-form without so much as entertaining the idea that, should they work with the system, they could make the SRA into something much more beneficial for all sides?

    The issue of 'it's so sudden' is lost in the fact that it wasn't. Everyone knew that the Act was coming, sooner or later. They simply did not want to work with a system that would make them less powerful than they already are.

    As for social risks, why, if I see an extremist leader who openly espoused killing everyone in my city, AND made an example of a bus carrying 64 kids, I'd be the first one to see him off to a different dimension. Or shoot him. Have you ever witnessed an actual bombing? Seen the bodies? I have. I live in a place where stupidity is at its peak when it comes to peaceful negotiations. I have friends who've killed and I've almost done it myself hasn't my conscience gotten the better of me. Danger, when constant, when immediate, makes a person see the world in a different light. Remember 9/11. Wouldn't you want to see Osama shipped off to the N-Zone?

    And who says that it would get worse? Citizens will not allow for the Government to start throwing everyone into parallel dimensions just for speaking out what they think is right or wrong. Coups happen for a reason. And when your army is made of discontented superheroes, I'm fairly sure that should a coup happen, it's goodbye president. The whole, 'things are only going to get worse from here' line of thinking isn't exactly the best rebuttal, since the first act's popularit does not ensure that a revision would be met with as much warmth.

    Side note, didn't America send the Ultimates to cripple a country in their dimension? I don't see anyone complaining when they did that.

    The YA wanted to be their idols. They wouldn't take no for an answer, and they certainly won't allow any other soul to train them. Of course, that's just me. As for the abuse of civil rights? New people = new laws.

    Funny how there's so few of us who actually support the registration. Could be because it's the only way for humanity to take back the destiny that was cruelly stolen us by people who got a better ticket at the genetic lottery - - and not a lot of people see superheroes as people who don't look up in awe at the accomplishments of man, but instead, do quite the opposite.

    Oh, and you do know that neither of us are budging from our stances.

    P.S. You should read X-Factor. I'm beginning to have a huge crush on Jamie.

  11. #311
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Hey guys, sorry to double-post, but I didn't know where else to post. Well, I DO know, but I don't know the other posters there like I do you guys. (Awww!) Big question. How the hell do you get over someone?

    I've been in love (?), with this (doubtedly) straight guy, for the last five fucking years and still counting. I've turned down like, six suitors over the past two months just because they're not him, but I've never even talked to him. We're big enemies in school, actually, one of those, pissed-at-first-sight deals. I guess it's probably because we look alike or something. He did a commercial awhile back and a lot of people thought it was me in it. Pride and all that.

    We never talk, but we stare at each other. A lot. Couple of girls got a wind of it and started a fanclub dedicated to him and me becoming an item. Even made fanfics. It's just so stupid, I mean, what does it mean? At first, we stared at each other like we were gonna kill each other, then after a few weeks, he began looking at me like he was sad. I mean, urgh. I hate him. Hell, the whole Univsersity knows about out feud. He ran for office, I switched politicl parties and trained his opponents...I'd be in a room, he'd see me and he'd leave...I look at him, he turns away, but when I look back, there he is looking again...argh.

    He's the only person I've ever cried over.

    I hate my fucking nonexistent lovelife.

    Whew. Thanks. Needed to get that out.

  12. #312

    Re: Comics!

    Could someone explain to me why the cuckoos blame Emma for their sister's death? I missed that issue. Thanks!

  13. #313
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I'm Anti Reg btw.

    Justice League is very MUCH like X-Men Legends.

  14. #314
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    I'm Anti Reg btw.

    Justice League is very MUCH like X-Men Legends.
    So why the bad reviews?

    Basically, Marvels, my issue with the SRA is that it makes no distinction between intent, action, past history, or actual deed. It makes the state of being a superpower the crime and the means of avoiding punishment enlistment. Everyone's for sending people like Nitro or Osama to the N-Zone, but is everyone in favor of sending their uninvolved relatives or anti-Taliban fighters to the N-Zone under the same sentence? No. Because that is an equivalent punishment for entirely disproportionate reasons.

    And for someone who doesn't believe in democracy, you should know that beaucracy will never allow this to be altered, especially because it was forged out of emotion and hurt isntead of logic. When peopel try to change it, the proponents will refuse, assuming that it automatically disregards what happened to trigger the legislation.

    It won't change through working within the system and rarely do things change when people elect to 'work from the inside'. Especially with legislation like this. Even if people believe it's wrong, they won't say anythign because they don't want to look bad due to what the law is associated with. Why do you think three strikes hasn't been lifted in California? Because it only happened because a little girl got raped and murdered bya htree time criminal. Now we have three-time dangerous criminals going to jail and even more homeless guys who stole cookies three times spending the rest of their lives in prison. And nothing changes because proponents are able to milk the emotions of the 'dumb public' and brush over the gross disproportionate punishments.

    Let's flip that hypothetical situation. Isntead of an extremeist who makes statements about killing mass numbers of peopel and makes an example of a bus of kids, what about someone else?

    If you saw someone who talked about protecting all people, working hard to help the community, and made an example by saving countless people and on the occasion, the world and the universe, would you have him shipped off to the N-zone because he said he didn't want to enlist with the government? No. It doesn't make sense to.

    Citizens aren't prone to perform coups if the issue doesn't concern their civil rights being abused or they think one thing when the truth is another. I don't see coups over sever gay civil rights abuses, that's because 'voters are dumb'. Citizens only care about not having to deal with dangerous superheroes, not about the good superheores who are being fucked that they forgot about who saved them and their families. Coup? You wish.

    As for that guy...well, if it's so bad that you're turning down six guys (wow! I wish I was you...) then you don't have any option other than to confront him. You'll never know unless you do and nothing will ever happen unless you do. And if it doesn't happen, you can move on and get with one of these six guys and however many more are banging on your door.

    Violet, the Cuckoos blamed Emma for Sophie's death because when the schoolw as rioting, the Cuckoos originally elected to hide until it was all over. Emma was snide as usual and walked into battle chiding them by saying that she remembered the gusto of her former students who had the drive and fire in them to do good. The other Cuckoos didn't really feel anything, Esme feeling a bit angry and outspoken, but Sophie felt that Emma was just trying to inspire them.

    So in the end, Sophie got the other Cuckoos to stop Quentin when she used Kick and Cerebra, She controlled the Cuckoos' mind and beat Quentin, but the strain was too much for her and Esme (probably wanting to control the Cuckoos and planning to run away with Xorn and possibly because she disliked Emma so much and wanted to blame her for something) took that oppurtunity to take over the other Cuckoos' minds and nudged Sophie psychically to her death.

    So together, Esme, Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe all blamed Emma's cajoling for inadvertantly causing the Sophie's death, though the real blame lays with Esme. For reasons unknown to me, the remaining three still harbor resentment against Emma.

    There could be several reasons. Not knowing the truth about Esme is one possibility, but I think it's been shown they know what she did. Esme herself dislike Emma because she felt Emma was ruthless and was trying to make the Cuckoos like her, which she obviously despised. Perhaps the other Cuckoos feel that way.

    But I think all things will be cleared up when Phoenix: Warsong concludes.

  15. #315
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Oh yes, and Jamie is sexy

  16. #316
    Slut Giomanach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    220

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvels View Post
    He's the only person I've ever cried over.

    I hate my fucking nonexistent lovelife.

    Whew. Thanks. Needed to get that out.
    Hey, babe...
    I know - we don't even know eachother. - Heck, even within these forums...
    I've been in love with a quite questionably straight boy.
    He's three years younger.
    And damn it - I'm not quite sure I'm over him... {Don't think part of me will ever lose hope...}
    Freaking hell - I regret not having kissed him. If only just once - if only for the millisecond before he'd [predictably] pull back...

    And...
    I know this is oddly... 'confident'. What, coming from me, of all people. But...
    Thus...
    I think you should take the risk.
    Are you out? [sorry, didn't bother checking with your profile...]
    Cos... if you are, and did something - no-one's gonna go 'wtf?'

    At the top of my head? [and I'm pretty impulse-crazy]
    This would be *my* impulse reaction...
    Next time he's staring at me like that - I'd flip - run over to him like the hounds of hell 'r on my tail. Kiss the bastard. [The great, confusing twit]
    And then walk away, as though nothing had happened.
    Let's see what he'd do then...
    If he's into you - he should probably be empowered to do somethin' 'bout it... If not - screw him...

    [now, err... should this be moved to a separate thread, or what?

    Also - why can't 'Comics' have a separate sub-forum thang... we're starting to mount up...]

  17. #317

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    Violet, the Cuckoos blamed Emma for Sophie's death because when the schoolw as rioting, the Cuckoos originally elected to hide until it was all over. Emma was snide as usual and walked into battle chiding them by saying that she remembered the gusto of her former students who had the drive and fire in them to do good. The other Cuckoos didn't really feel anything, Esme feeling a bit angry and outspoken, but Sophie felt that Emma was just trying to inspire them.

    So in the end, Sophie got the other Cuckoos to stop Quentin when she used Kick and Cerebra, She controlled the Cuckoos' mind and beat Quentin, but the strain was too much for her and Esme (probably wanting to control the Cuckoos and planning to run away with Xorn and possibly because she disliked Emma so much and wanted to blame her for something) took that oppurtunity to take over the other Cuckoos' minds and nudged Sophie psychically to her death.

    So together, Esme, Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe all blamed Emma's cajoling for inadvertantly causing the Sophie's death, though the real blame lays with Esme. For reasons unknown to me, the remaining three still harbor resentment against Emma.

    There could be several reasons. Not knowing the truth about Esme is one possibility, but I think it's been shown they know what she did. Esme herself dislike Emma because she felt Emma was ruthless and was trying to make the Cuckoos like her, which she obviously despised. Perhaps the other Cuckoos feel that way.

    But I think all things will be cleared up when Phoenix: Warsong concludes.
    Thank you very much. And yeah the most confusing thing is why the remaining cuckoos still hold a grude on Emma....

  18. #318
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    So I bought JLH's the game because it was practically free when I got it.

    If you like DC and you liked X-Men Legends, you'll like this game. Sure the selection isn't there...But I happen to liek HUntress, Green Arrow and Hal and Kyle GL's so I'd say this game is worth it's meager price tag of 29.99amr./39.99cdn

    I got it for 18.82 cdn though. *snickes*

  19. #319
    JUB Addict bluedragon4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,389

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    So I bought JLH's the game because it was practically free when I got it.

    If you like DC and you liked X-Men Legends, you'll like this game. Sure the selection isn't there...But I happen to liek HUntress, Green Arrow and Hal and Kyle GL's so I'd say this game is worth it's meager price tag of 29.99amr./39.99cdn

    I got it for 18.82 cdn though. *snickes*
    been playing the game. wonder woman rules!!!(SPOILER!!!!!!!) she changes into eagle outfit near end. what is with hawkgirl having a sonic scream? i like how you can buy different heroes. once they are powered up it is fun. i hope when the game is played you can go back and play the levels you liked.i play the game on easy cause i am so bad at games! i mean really bad! lol

  20. #320
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon4 View Post
    been playing the game. wonder woman rules!!!(SPOILER!!!!!!!) she changes into eagle outfit near end. what is with hawkgirl having a sonic scream? i like how you can buy different heroes. once they are powered up it is fun. i hope when the game is played you can go back and play the levels you liked.i play the game on easy cause i am so bad at games! i mean really bad! lol
    I'm on medium, it's fairly challenging based on later leves with Characters that haven't been used as much. I have some beef with the game, like people who can heal you, NOT doing so when you're hanging on for dear life. I also just figured out how Boosts works maybe 4 hours or more into the game. I guess I should of read the manual.

    I'm also having trouble getting use to Ron Perlman's voice as Batman...if he put a little more emotion into he'd nail it.

    I Love J'onn! He's awesome his powers are great. Wonder Women kicks ass and I like the using Green Arrow even though he's not very powerful yet. This is a very well put together game for a first try.
    I'm sure a sequel will be great.

    But yes if you are a DC fan and you like "Dungeon-esqu Crawlers" or "X-Men Legends" you will enjoy this game.
    I'm not the biggest DC fan, but I have to say this game is done quite well. THe Character Models look really good.

    P.s. Zatanna kicks butt too. ^^,

  21. #321
    A Crazy Canadian!
    screwnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goderich
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,908

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Anybody tried the new one on the block yet? The Marvel Ultimate Alliance game for PS2, xbox and 360? It suppose to have over 150 characters to choose from!
    "A nosy old hag like you knows everything about the people who live under her roof. Where did she go? (LA Noire)

  22. #322
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by screwnutty View Post
    Anybody tried the new one on the block yet? The Marvel Ultimate Alliance game for PS2, xbox and 360? It suppose to have over 150 characters to choose from!
    I think it features 150 characters, I'm not so sure they're all playable within the story. However the Versus Mode in X-Men Legends let you use all the characters, except for Maybe Xavier (In the first one) and all of them in II including most NPCs. I think there were just a few of the NPCs you couldn't use.

    I'm looking forward to it, but my purchase will be on Wii.
    Although it looks realy nice on the 360 but I can only take so much bloom lighting.

  23. #323
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I have some VIP thing with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but I haven't really looked around with it. Is there anything I should know?

  24. #324
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    I have some VIP thing with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but I haven't really looked around with it. Is there anything I should know?
    That you should invite me to join!

  25. #325
    A Crazy Canadian!
    screwnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goderich
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,908

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    That you should invite me to join!

    Can I come? now we just need a fourth! you do have four controllers right? Or should I bring mine?
    "A nosy old hag like you knows everything about the people who live under her roof. Where did she go? (LA Noire)

  26. #326
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by screwnutty View Post
    Can I come? now we just need a fourth! you do have four controllers right? Or should I bring mine?
    I've got a multi-tap for the ps2 if you got it for that. I also have a 360 controller!

  27. #327
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Okay, I apparently have 20 invites. If you want a VIP pass for Marvel, PM with your email adresses and I'll send you an invite.

    By the way guys, check this out:

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1301910264

  28. #328
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I would just like to point out that I have now obtained the second Young Avengers collection ("Family Matters"). My local comic shop actually had it before Amazon, which almost never happens.

    I am now going "Squeee!"
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  29. #329
    I want to believe
    GL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    50,836
    Blog Entries
    222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Well, I just got back from the shop with $45 worth of books.

    I am a happy camper.




  30. #330
    Teaching the Future...
    okstatecowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chickasha, OK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,003
    Blog Entries
    40

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by GL247 View Post
    Well, I just got back from the shop with $45 worth of books.

    I am a happy camper.
    What'd ya get this week/time? Happy campers hafta share!

    mikey

  31. #331
    I want to believe
    GL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    50,836
    Blog Entries
    222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by okstatecowboy View Post
    What'd ya get this week/time? Happy campers hafta share!

    mikey
    I go about once a month to clear out my box. I got:

    Green Lantern #13
    Justice League of America #2
    Blue Beetle #7
    Batman #657
    Moon Knight #5
    Ion #6
    Civil War #4
    Astonishing X-Men #17
    Green Lantern Corps #4
    Detective Comics #823
    Detective Comics #824
    Green Lantern Corps #5
    Ion #7
    Justice #8

    Ack! I just remembered they re-launched Wildcats! I need my Jim Lee fix. This is going to sound like sacrilege when I say this, but if GL Corps doesn't shape up, I'm dropping it. Which really disappoints me because the mini series was soo good.




  32. #332
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I'm back people. With a vengeance.

    Lu: But anti-Taliban fighters REGISTERED to fight the Taliban. As does everyone else who joins an army legally. And their uninvolved relatives? What if they're also carrying bombs behind their burqas? Because if they aren't, then they don't have anything to fuss over. It's not like they were born with a SAM in their hands. Is it disproportionate punishment to send all of them into the same dimension? Yes. But is it much safer for us? Yes. Look at the Gulag. The very moments the villains broke free from that place, all hell broke loose - - literally. Not all of them have the same power levels, but combined, and with a thirst for vengeance, it really didn't matter.

    Hmm, you say Beaurocracy won't allow ANY alterations? Which means what, your Modern Penal Code still instructs people to kill cats whenever crops die?

    As for working within the system...well, I'm certainly glad to know that Captain America is the type of person who'd rather start a Civil War and get countless people killed rather than, as I said, ATTEMPT to work within the Government - - change assured or no. Heck, they have all his information already, won't hurt to try and work on the inside and start jumping out of skyscrapers only months after when he's sure that every office as well as their photocopying machine have evil conspiracy plans for them? Guess not. Like I said, he's a selfish prick.

    Oh, by the way, why hasn't Three Strikes been lifted? Because STATE VOTERS didn't want the law to change so that the Third Strike needed to be violent or serious to count. Yes, the dumb public voted that they wanted disproportion in their felonies, and that's what they got.

    Oh HELL YES I'd want a 'protector of the countless and saver of universes' to be enlisted. Power like that? Needs to be controlled. There's no stopping him from snapping and killing everyone. Why do you think DCs Government has THREE superweapons to deal with Superman should he go rogue? Why does Batman have Babel? Why does Charles have his Xavier Protocols? Is it nice and sweet and shiny? Fuck no. Is it LOGICAL to protect yourself? Yes. They can eat stars. The least we can do is know how to stop them.


    Coup? Who said only citizens are allowed to coup? Look at Thailand. Who started the coup there, wise guy? Oh yes, the military. And who WILL be the military arm of the US? Tony. Who, as you've pointed out, isn't too happy with what he's doing. And should he snap - - coup. Simple as that.


    Side Note: Yeah, well, I'm just too dumb to accept the fact that me and this guy I've fallen for will neer be together, hence the constant dumping of suitors. Still feel a little depressed.

    Mourning Spirit: Hey thanks. Well, I doubt we'd need our own sub-forum, but hey, there's plenty of room to talk in this thread.

  33. #333
    Teaching the Future...
    okstatecowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chickasha, OK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,003
    Blog Entries
    40

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by GL247 View Post
    I go about once a month to clear out my box. I got:

    Green Lantern #13
    Justice League of America #2
    Blue Beetle #7
    Batman #657
    Moon Knight #5
    Ion #6
    Civil War #4
    Astonishing X-Men #17
    Green Lantern Corps #4
    Detective Comics #823
    Detective Comics #824
    Green Lantern Corps #5
    Ion #7
    Justice #8
    We've got similar tastes. I don't regularly follow Batman -pick up the occasional trade. Just dropped Blue Beetle -probably pick up the trades instead. Gotta have my JLA and Ion fix. I'm itching for the JSA re-launch myself.

    mikey

  34. #334
    I want to believe
    GL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    50,836
    Blog Entries
    222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    OH! JSA! ME 2!

    I wasn't a regular reader previously, but there is something about those guys that really get me. I'm sticking with BB right now because I totally dig that he's a teenager in a Guyver suit (if you will) and that he's Latino. As for Batman, I've been reading him since forever. He was my first comic book love.




  35. #335
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by GL247 View Post
    OH! JSA! ME 2!

    I wasn't a regular reader previously, but there is something about those guys that really get me. I'm sticking with BB right now because I totally dig that he's a teenager in a Guyver suit (if you will) and that he's Latino. As for Batman, I've been reading him since forever. He was my first comic book love.
    Guyver!? Dude I love you. The anime rocked balls.

  36. #336
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Ooo...I can't wait for Young Avengers...

    They're like a guiding light.

    And the Civil War isn't killing people, it's just killing heroes.

    And yes, it's selfish to fight for your own rights.

    Tony? Coup? He's too much of a lap dog to ever do anything against the government. You don't think the government and it's military is unopposed to shooting down every superpower registered or not out there? Tony's just letting people who hate them get stronger until NO ONE can stand against them if they wanted to.

    Registered superheroes are like Log Cabin Republicans. Work with the system and look away as they take your rights away and act surprised when they double cross you. Then, when all LGBTs want to make a stand in the future, they'll find they can't thanks in part to their pandering gay lap dogs.

    But I'm just having fun debating you, so let's not get all angry, now.

    I'm sure things will work themselves out. So long as Wiccan and Teddy are safe and they have Invisible Woman on their side, I'm all good.

    With her there, I know Tony Stark can crumble like dust.

  37. #337
    I want to believe
    GL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    50,836
    Blog Entries
    222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    I'm sure things will work themselves out. So long as Wiccan and Teddy are safe and they have Invisible Woman on their side, I'm all good.
    You know something? That was my favorite part of CW #4 when she stood inbetween "Thor" and everyone else. I got chills!




  38. #338
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Sue kicks so much ass. Mass blindings, creating domes inside people's lungs and virtually anywhere she wants, impenetrable forcefields, cosmic energy. She's got it going on so long as others can support her. In fact, she should use her forcefields defensively only as a secopndary ability and focus on using her powers offensively and she could take down everyone. And man, she could destroy Tony's armor easy.

  39. #339
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    As much as I love Sue, she wouldn't stand a chance against Ultimate Dr. Doom. That bastard is hardcore! Reed's genius, Thor's strength, and Stephen Strange's mystic abilities - - bastard is fucking unstoppable. Ultimate Namor is gorgeous.

    Oh, and you should learn to trust in superheroes more. Not a lot of people judged Carol's heroism before she decided to work for the Government. She still has a sense of justice, as do a ton of other registered heroes. Registering doesn't make them evil, it just means they have their own opinion. Side note, I won't hesitate shooting down a hero.

    Anyway, no big dude, this is the only place in the world where I can geek out, so I'll never hate any of ya'.

  40. #340
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    And now for somethign completely different....

    Sorry guys I have to digress a little....(wow we've been on this whole Registration thing since I started this thread way back when....)....

    Anyways My Smallville-esque Green Arrow costume is done. I finally got all the pieces together and finished it at what is it now? 3:45am.

    So yeah, for the past three years I've made my own costume with household items and material.

    Three years ago I was a "fighter" from the Final Fantasy series...my buster sword was was huge and made from wood, NO ONE COUDL SWING THAT THING. I had red hair and some awesome clothes and a neat armlet to screw around oh and a killer cape.

    Two years ago I was Leon from Resident Evil 4, I did pretty good for some non-authentic wear....However I was kinda chubby for Leon then.

    This year I have two costumes....One I made and one I payed WAAAAAY too much for.
    For my friend Halloween party tomorrow nite I've made my Green Arrow Costume...Hell I randomly asked my boyfriend if I coudl borrow a "quiver" from him and low and behold he has a FRAKIN' Composite Longbow he'll let me borrow too. I was kidding about the quiver. So I've got his bow, a shirt I've used some Green clothing tape on, did a design with the tape threw it on some pants. and on a Hoodie/jacket. I have to say for a free costume it looks good. However the true test is when I throw it on tomorrow nite.
    Pictures will follow. (hopefully)

    Now for Halloween when I'm handing out candy to the kids. I bought this over-priced deluxe official marvel wolverine costume...which looked GREAT in the store when I tried it on.... Then when I got home and put it on again...in a "true" mirror I realised I looked like shit in it. Due to the poor make of the costume and well...the mirror I guess. So that got scratched off entirely. However I warmed up to the damn thing and paid A LOT of money for it so I'm wearing it. I might Ebay it after...So You might or might not see pictures of this one...I haven't decided.

    Anyways I'll let yah folks get back to the rather lively debate on Registration, and my stance remains the same as months ago. It's; [poopie.]

  41. #341
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I want Hellion as my fictionakl-comic boyfriend. Now.

  42. #342
    A Crazy Canadian!
    screwnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goderich
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,908

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I'm with Captain America!
    "A nosy old hag like you knows everything about the people who live under her roof. Where did she go? (LA Noire)

  43. #343
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I'm with Stiltman.

  44. #344
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Well I tried I don't think it looks too bad for a Hand Made Costume.

  45. #345
    A Crazy Canadian!
    screwnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goderich
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,908

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    Well I tried I don't think it looks too bad for a Hand Made Costume.
    Nice Job Effortless_Pro! Looks good to me!
    "A nosy old hag like you knows everything about the people who live under her roof. Where did she go? (LA Noire)

  46. #346
    More! Deeper! TaigaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Flushing, NY
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    8,080
    Blog Entries
    10

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    Well I tried I don't think it looks too bad for a Hand Made Costume.
    Looking pretty darn good, if you ask me.

  47. #347
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by screwnutty View Post
    Nice Job Effortless_Pro! Looks good to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaigaStar View Post
    Looking pretty darn good, if you ask me.
    Thanks guys I got lots of good comments from people at the party. Somebody even knew who I was who I didn't tell what I was being.

  48. #348
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I approve! It looks great!

    Hellion's pretty damn cool, but I totally want Anole to be my boyfriend

  49. #349
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    I approve! It looks great!

    Hellion's pretty damn cool, but I totally want Anole to be my boyfriend
    I'm totally afraid of what Anole's spikes would do to yah though

  50. #350
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    That's just the back of his head, and since all head activities would involve contact with the front, I'm all good.

    And that tongue!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.