JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 45610 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 3401

Thread: Comics!

  1. #201
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Sorry Blue, I don't read DC beyond the skant Teen Titan issue or their Vertigo line for the old Sandman stuff.

    Speaking of which, anyone know if the Death TBP's are out of print along with the others like Destiny? I only found one for Death: At Death's Door, but I really want to read more of them.

  2. #202
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Okay, let me ask a Marvel question.

    Invisible Woman Vs. Phoenix Jean Grey

    Who would win and why? (Give me a break down).

  3. #203
    Teaching the Future...
    okstatecowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chickasha, OK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,003
    Blog Entries
    40

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon4 View Post
    anyone reading 52? any thoughts on that?
    Yep. While I love Marvel's mutants and team books, I'm a BIGGER DC fan. 52 has been an interesting concept. Like most comics it has it's moments. Some of the other comic boards I belong to are extremely upset over Booster's treatment -talk about conspiracy theories! I am interested in Ralph Digby's current role and what the plans are for him -what's he gonna do with Fate's helmut; is he gonna be the new Dr. Fate? The lost in space group have really had a big push lately; loved the whole Lobo found religion angle. I'm not really that interested in Steel's story tho, seems like DC is trying to turn him into Colossus. I'm also hoping that Infinity Inc doesn't turn out to be Luthor's super-heroes, that would really disappoint me if they did that to the memory of the original group. I also still wanna know what's going on witht he heroes that did make it back from space... last we saw of Hawkgirl (in 52) she was a giant. I wanna know how they plan on resolving that, and the mystery of what happened to Hawkman.

    mikey

  4. #204
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Hotlilass: As Lu said, Sophie was high on Kick, and Cerebra, which what, multiplied her power by twenty times? A power boost like that could make someone like Beak look Omega. As the rest, I want to see if Pak screws up with the Cuckoo history (though solicitations have already mentioned the Weapon Plus program).

    Lu: The Phoenix wins. She always wins. And if Sue pops a field in Jean's head, she can expect the redhead to come back after about two or three Marvel mega-crossovers to return the favor. Though, I am amazed that Sue can stand up against a certain omega level from Civil War. At which point...

    Civil War#4: Great read, though they seem to be throwing the whole "no one side is evil" bit out the proverbial window. The cliffhanger was telegraphed a little too early IMO, but it was still pretty exciting nonetheless. Cap's turning into more of a fanatic than anything else, and I'm glad that we're getting to see Tony's sensitive side. Reed Richards is a major dick, though.

    Civil War: X-Men: Meh. Didn't expect to see the Johhny Dee subplot go there that fast.

    New X-Men: It was okay. Not up to par with The Crusade Arc, but I'm glad to see that they don't want to slow the wheel down when it comes to action. Victor subbing for them was a nice touch (X-Babies!)

    Astonishing X-Men: Oh, my God. I swear, I cannot tell you how mother-fuckingly perfect this book is right now. Snatch it up so we can talk.

    X - Men: First Class: Okay, I guess. Nothing that shouts at you...

    X-Factor: It's nice that the story's moving along. Monet had a great time to shine, and so did Rictor. Guido's still the talk of the town though, which is perfectly fine.

    Nextwave: hihihihihihihi

    Yes, I blew twenty bucks on comics last night.

  5. #205
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvels View Post
    I really don't understand why people are so into Jubilee. She's like a failed attempt at Kitty Pryde 2.
    I bought a loose Jubilee action figure as a potential gift for a prospective person -- the identity of which I wasn't sure of at the time -- since I didn't have anyone in mind who necessarily liked Jubilee at the time; I was in a hurry and 'bout to be kicked out for not paying the entrance fee to a toy/comic con so I had to buy a couple of figures real quick. Later, I tried to call up all my friends who like comics, and none of them liked Jubilee. I guess I'll have to hold onto the action figure for a while... oh, well it only cost me a buck.

  6. #206
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum
    And I'm starting to see just how fuckign awesome adjectiveless X-Men is. I love how Anole was there to see Jean-Paul. It was so sweet and sad I hope they write more between the two. Not slash, mind you, (not that I'm opposed at all) but I really dig the mentor/mentee relationship they were building. Anole rocks
    Wow, this sounds kewl, Lum. Tell me 'bout it next time we chat. Give me issue #s and the full 411

  7. #207
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    It's just too bad that they never succeeded in developing Jubilee into a self-defined, self-sufficient character like they did with Kitty. In fact, Jubilee is more independent now that she's lost her powers (see Generation M). I hope they keep her around in the affairs of mutant kind, but it's also nice to see her with a job and acting mature for how long she's been around.

  8. #208
    Porn Star NickCarterFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    323

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I'm looking to create my own gay comics... I just need some good artists to help bring my script ideas to life!

  9. #209
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvels
    Claremont is an S&M addict.
    Did you know where he got 'The Hellfire Club' from?

  10. #210
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Homo: It was from a real, high-class debauchery club. And you can give your Jubilee toy to Lilas now.

    Lilas: Hmm, we'll be at odds there, then. I love Kitty, especially now that Joss is showing is just how badass she can get when she wants to.

    Scott was hot in his new look.

  11. #211
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvels View Post
    Homo: It was from a real, high-class debauchery club. And you can give your Jubilee toy to Lilas now.

    Lilas: Hmm, we'll be at odds there, then. I love Kitty, especially now that Joss is showing is just how badass she can get when she wants to.

    Scott was hot in his new look.
    OMG! It was so hardcore! Shoot her! Shoot her dead! Awesome is all I can say...awesome...

    I'm very very excited to see how this all pans out. The Danger thing is still kind of hokey, but I guess a good aggressive second-level villain is good enough.

    Still, I think there's a lot more to explain. Will this Hellfire arc wrap up with the next issue? I dunno...

    I have to admit that this is a very novel way to resolve these Scott/Emma issues and it also confirms that Ernst is not Cassandra.

  12. #212
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Hmm, well Ernst did mysteriously disappear, which leads me to believe that the Nova personality was too powerful to contain, hence the need to re-confine her host body (Stuff) in another prison.

    I like Danger, especially now that she and Ord have teamed-up. Oddly enough, they look good together.

    And Scott is hot.

  13. #213
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvels View Post
    Homo: It was from a real, high-class debauchery club.
    Yeah. In Manhattan, in the Village area. Has since been shut down, sadly...

    And you can give your Jubilee toy to Lilas now.
    Wouldn't mind doing that, but still waiting to hear from him. PM, maybe?

  14. #214
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Hell, I'd take a Jubes figurine

  15. #215
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Eh...Children's book? I don't think so.

  16. #216
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Bump for homo.

    I got the Jubilee action figure! Thanks! The stamps were cool, too I wasn't expecting her Gen X costume, which is a plus for the surprise. Thank you again!

    Oh, I just bought Vignettes and the stories are actually really interesting. I guess Claremont was kind of edgy and interesting back in the day like Neil Gaiman is for Sandman before he (Claremont) started sucking in the present day.

  17. #217
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    And just where have I been?



    Wait, is that even the right grammar?

  18. #218
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Where HAVE you been, handsome?

  19. #219
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by luminum View Post
    Bump for homo.

    I got the Jubilee action figure! Thanks! The stamps were cool, too I wasn't expecting her Gen X costume, which is a plus for the surprise. Thank you again!
    Sure! It's the least I could do in return for you helping to keep my work alive and find someone who can present it to the 'adoring' (yeah, right) public. If more people were interested in this kind of stuff, I might have been able to work w/people to make this public long ago...

  20. #220

    Re: Comics!

    I read DC's 52. Lots of things happening simultaneously at different places to different characters. Plus I enjoy reading the Origins section.

    Which sub story in 52 do you guys like?

    Other comics I read are Superman, Green Lantern, Teen Titans and Justic League. I read Batman every now and then by getting some trades, but actually following the Batbooks no. Funny since when I was a kid, I liked Batman more compared to Superman.

  21. #221
    P-Chan love theFallenGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,597

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    OK since i'm still fairly new at this I just wanted to inject my 2 cents... It is soo refreshing to see other gay comic book fans... To me comics have been like my soap operas... that one slice of fantasy that totally reflects real-life and at the same time makes you wish you were there..

    and in case you didn't get it from my avatar i am a total x-men buff...

  22. #222
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Hurrah! More X-Men fans!
    I totally agree about the slice of reality bit. Seeing mutants being ostracized and still ebing able to fight back and do something active about it all is really inspiring, especially since the gay civil rights movement is riddled with red tape and set backs by the religious right. Nothing was better than seeing Josh Foley kill Reverand William Stryker in New X-Men.

    Marvel, I'll scan some drawings I've done recently. I'm giggly about them.

  23. #223
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Anyone else pleased that Spider-Man has opted not to be a tool anymore? Kick Tony's ass, Spidey!

  24. #224
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I'm glad that Sally Floyd now sees the light.

    Incarcerate Spider-man's criminal ass, Tony!

  25. #225
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Who the hell is Sally Floyd?

    Ironman will always lose to Spider-Man. Just you watch. And imprisoning Peter and hunting down Aunt May and MJ is going to hopefully guilt Tony the Tool so hard that he drinks himself to death. And maybe Ms. Marvel will sleep with him and get knocked up with a retarded baby from all their combined alcohol abuse.

    Spider-man forever!!!

  26. #226
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Read Civil War: Frontline you wretched criminals. Death to Captain America and his fanatical insurgents!!!

    Lu: Dude, I bet you'll die if Marvel chose to make Emma pro-registration

  27. #227
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    I suppose I would. But then again, I'd probably also die if the earth suddenly went from an atmosphere of 1 to an atmosphere of 0 and that is just as likely as Emma ever being pro-registration.

    I mean, the N-zone? This is just crap. Unless you believe that every single mutant should sign up or be sent to the N-zone for the rest of their lives from birth, then this legislation is too frivolous and easily abused. It's like communism, it can only be corrupted.

    What next, will people like Electra, with no superpowers, but incredible skill be sent to the N-zone if they don't sign up? Black Widow? What about a really good karate fighter? You can't regulate someone with skill any more than you can regulate someone with super powers. Are they a threat, too? Are you going to send them to the N-zone for life?

    But it's nice to see that even if Tony "hates every second of this", he doesn't have the balls to stand up for it, just lack of character to lay down and take it like the tool he is.

  28. #228
    P-Chan love theFallenGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,597

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    the registration act is doomed to fail... when you have illegal imprisonment of heros and captain america against it theres no way for it to hold up... and Sally Floyd is a reporter who was imprisoned because she was anti-registration... they thought she knew the whereabouts of Capt. America and his band of FREEDOM FIGHTERS....

  29. #229
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    And it starts yet again!

    Lu: Well, not all martial artists stalk the streets at night, pretending to be policemen and interjecting themselves in dangerous situations that they were not trained to handle - - this endangering not only themselves, but almost anyone else in the vicinity. Seriously, any idiot can pull off a strong 45, but not any idiot can talk a person out of releasing a hostage before delivering said 45.

    The registration act is a protective measure, one that was voted on by people who, believe it or not, aren't the civilian disguises of The Masters o Evil (a plot twist I am fully prepared for actually).

    Captain America's band of fanatics should go to jail for denying common man the right to feel safe that the people protecting them aren't Scarlet Witches waiting tp happen.

    Besides, if you're all so anti-registration, then don't drive. Don't buy a gun. Don't join a club. Don't attend a lecture series on Freud. It's all the same - - only these people were born with a car, a gun, a membership, and a bizzarely complete knowledge on psychosexuality.

    Long live registration!

  30. #230
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    You whore. Despite the fact that superhero vigilaties are not trained like policemen, they are detained purely on the grounds that they 'could' do something harmful, not because they're vigilanties. People fear their powers and fear the fact that they can't tell them what to do, or limit their freedom, even if it's within the grounds of the law.

    And even if that isn't enough, which it may not be, the so-called 'safety' that the common folk feel in no way pertains to people of no consequence who just happen to know a hero's identity, but they get just as harsh a punishment for not telling. This is exactly the same no-trust policy that was encouraged in the Chinese communist movement by Mao. Family and friends could no longer be trusted, because who cared whether or not you were ratting out a loved one because the government/chairman was the one you answered to.

    That's what Marvel America is becoming and that's crap. Even your wonder tool doesn't like it, though he still does it. Doesn't that say anything?

    he only way, it seems, for heroes to avoid lifelong imprisonment and forced indentured servitude to the government is to never use their powers again and give up helping people. So even if a woman gets mugged in the street, Spidey's going to have to let it be or call the police and if the red tape and beauracracy or even just the car ride there can't stop anything from happening, it's not his problem, right? Because taking any action would be like acting as a vigilante--the exact thing that ordinary citizens do in times of peril that makes them heroes in their community.

    I love debating with you, actually. Let's hope Marvel keeps throwing controversial shit in our faces so we can have these talks.

    Emma Frost kicks Ms. Marvel's ass! Woo hoo!

    Anti Reg: 1
    Pro Reg: 0

  31. #231
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Agh! Wiccan is in prison! Fuck! Well if things go the way you want, Marvels, our favorite young gay superhero couple is gone. I hope your happy.

    ::huffs off::

  32. #232
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    And Stamford proved that people have the right to fear. Would the disaster have happened had Speedball and his cohorts been sufficiently trained by someone like Captain America no less to handle a tricky situation? Wouldn't a Government in charge decide to pull them out seeing as their power levels aren't up to par, and simply send in a team of telepaths to do the job? Think for a moment, not about your notions of black and white, and look simply into the logic of the act. It may seem evil, but by God it is right. Machiavelli liveth.

    Look at the books that have Universes where heroes register. Invincible and Ultra from Image comics for example. With the superheroes registered, the government can send them to missions where their respective powers are essential to the quickest means of ensuring victory and survival. I'm fairly certain that the Justice League emplys the same measure. So does the X-Men. And no, these men and women did not give their 'trainees' the choice of joining them or not. Charles Xavier could have fought Jean's rewriting Mr. Pryde's brain into allowing Kitty to join the team but he didn't. Registration has been alive and well long before the act, and schools like Xavier's Institute prove it.

    How about we take a page from DC's Kingdom Come (which incidentally, are what the distinguished competition's fanboys are calling the idea that Civil War ripped off)? In time, metahuman activity rises to the point that the world is literally filled with metahumans, both good and bad. Humanity loses control, metahumans spend all their time fighting each other in a never ending war of escalation that heroes arguably started, and in the end, a disaster of totally biblical proportions ruins a million lives. None of that would have happened had metahumans been regulated from the get-go, which is an idea that both Reed and Tony surely realized.

    As for no-trust, well, somethings may have been done better, but aiding and abetting criminals have been, and has for the longest time been, against the law. People who withhold information about people who can kill us all just by sneezing deserve to be questioned for putting all of us in danger.

    Tony doesn't like it because he's losing friends over it, not because it is wrong.

    And as I said, everyday heroes in the community do not hunt for people to save. Saving someone means you have to do paperwork, file a report, give your identification. Peter can save any person who he sees in trouble just as long as he doesn't run away the second somebody arrives to question him.

    Ha.

    Pro-reg: 2.5
    Anti-reg: 1

    Side Note: Well, there are a ton of fanfics that are bound to come out now that Wiccan and Teddy are in prison...so...

  33. #233
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Here's a bombshell--ther will BE no fanfiction because they're not both in the N-Zone, only Wiccan is. Permanently. How is Hulkling going to go to another dimension?

    Face it, if you leave things the way they are, unless Hulkling allows himself to be incarcerated the two will never be together again. Even if Hulking was incarcerated, there's no way they would be allowed together.

    Unless Wiccan gets sprung or all of this nonsense ends, Teddy and Billy are over.

    Black and white isn't the issue here. If anything, enacting measures that more than ensure safety is just as polarized of a position as not passing anything. It's the same as finding someone potentially threatening without just cause or motive and therefore deciding to incarcerate them or, god forbid, kill them. It may seem evil, but by God, it's "right"?

    Is what Kitty Pryde thought she faced in Astonishing recently a justifiable situation? Is removing her child and incarcerating and isolating it because of its power just? If the scenario were real, would Kitty have been justified or would all the other X-Men have been right to take her son away and lock him up because he was dangerous and Kitty (and let's assume the child) wouldn't consent to it?

    The fact of the matter is that superheroes do need to have some form of regulation. Laws need to be passed that effectively handle superhero situations. But the SRA is not that package of laws. Just as the America needs laws to ensure its protection, that need is present in the growing society with superhero involvement. But the SRA does not achieve that any more rationally than the Patriot Act does.

    Why is training not optional? Are we to assume that if local athorities arrived on the scene and challenged Nitro, that a nuclear explosion or any other vagrant use of deadly power would not have happened? If police men with guns arrive on the scene when a berserk super villain with no care for human life is running rampant, will fewer men die?

    The fact of the matter is that the tragedy in Stamford is not that superheroes were not trained sufficiently, but that those who were trained sufficiently were not present, either because they didn't know or didn't care, to tell them to stand down and let them handle the situation. In that case, the New Warriors only had a slight upperhand compared to what else--police?

    So if you want to ensure that this doesn't happen again, you make sure that the heroes who do register are skilled and available and knowledgeable enough to be able to beat any vagrants to the scene and handle the situation. The solution is NOT to force all superheroes to expose themselves or threaten their helpless friends and family and incarecerate them permanently and with zero tolerance ina location where they have no rights and where that fact can be exploited and abused and where the punishment is blind and across the board and inproportionate to the "crime".

    Even "crime" is a laugh here, because you aren't establishing wrong doing because of a known crime, you're establishing wrong doing because what was hardly a criminal action beforehand has only been recently categorized as a serious felony. Therefore, you have a situation where something that was once legal, has suddenly gone not from legal to generally illegal but from legal to a serious criminal offence punishable with a life sentence. Expecting people to give up that freedom so suddenly and to smile and endanger themselves and their loved ones by exposing themselves to an institution with a far from spotless let alone capable reputation is, if nothing else, irresponsible and poorly drafted and poorly placed into action.

    And just compare this to its human analogy. We certainly don't want citizens to jump into dangerous situations that they can't handle, but if no one is present or the time it takes is too long, people do what they are compelled to do by their human nature, not by their bureacratic logic. And whent hey do, and when people die anyway as they would have had the situation not been solved by so-called professionals, we certainly don't punish the would-be samaritan with an even greater sentence than the crime commited by the true felons.

    And of all things, let me just ask you this:

    Don't you think it's dangerous for people to pass laws out of emotion isntead of collected thought and rationale? And if so, do you agree that the SRA was exactly an example of that? A piece of legislation passed in the heat of the moment, in the hurt, anger, and <b>confusion</b> of the moment, especially when supported by the average non-super powered citizen who knows next to nothing about super human affairs?

    If that is the case, then you must agree that the SRA is imperfect and dangerous and needs to be replaced with a set of laws that are more finely tuned, because right now, the only person who loses out is the citizen who finds they are now cursed with super powers because this law only truly serves to punish metahumans for being metahumans.

  34. #234
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Well Wiccan has a powerful imagination. Anyway!

    Yes, it is right. For example, if I found out that I unconsciously manipulated matter, I'd rather register and train to control my powers rather than put everyone I love at risk for simply being around me. And I'm sure anyone in my family would do the same. And those people, who prefer to keep their secret identities just for the rush of wearing a mask and saving people's lives without anyone telling them to are just selfish. Why? They'll be saving lives either way. They just don't want people telling them who to save because it'll make them less of a superhero and more of a policeman. Heroes are selfish because they don't want their glorious costumes tucked behind a badge.

    And the fake Kitty-child? What if it had the unconscious power to blink the world out of existence? You'd let all of us die just for that thing to lick a lolly and get a hug from mommy? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd rather not an entire planet fall to ruin just for the sake of one cursed brat, or did we not learn from the whole Scarlet Witch fiasco? They should jsut let Doctor Strange ship it off to whatever godforsaken planet that he sent the Hulk into.

    At least we agree that superhumans need laws. And to be honest, I agree that the SRA is FAR from perfect. But perfection comes in time. In time it wouldn't have been called a Superhero registration Act, rather a Superhero Legitimization Act. See how much the stigma of one word makes things better? Nonetheless, instead of working with the act and finding a way to make it totally beneficial for both sides, fanatics like Captain America start screaming bloody murder and high rise windows get broken. Makes me think that people like him do everything they can to start fights. Just so their lives might have some semblance of meaning.

    And Nitro. Capekillers took down a kid who can make anything come true. You don't think they can't handle a guy who blows himself up? Granted, their performance in the Wolverine Civil War crossover was laughable (Tactical fear Generation? What the fuck? Use the goddamned snipers...), the way they took down Wiccan and CLoak would have been perfect for Nitro and the other goons. And think about it, if the registration act was in effect, policemen with guns wouldn't have come to the site of a berserking supervillian. SUPERHEROES would have. Superheroes chosen to end a crisis with maximum efficiency should S.H.I.E.L.D. have the proper files.

    Stamford, well let's see. Were the bad guys doing anything? BLowing crap up? No. They were watching TV. If a plicemen should have seen them, and identified them, then he would have done the right thing and called the big guns. But the New Warriors? They were' sufficiently trained. But they SHOULD have been. If they all took out Nitro first, as is a standard sound tactic (strongest first, working down from there), then none of this would have happened. But no, they were too stupid to even think of strategems - - strategems that the registration act could have provided.

    Should everybody register? Yes. Should everybody be forced to live out lives as superpowered policemen? No. But should people, born, figuratively, with guns in their hands, with no knowledge of how to pull the trigger save for an unfotunate accident involving a lot of collateral damage, mandatorilily register? Yes. This coming from a guy who hates Bush jr., yes. But of course, I must ask. What is your proposed solution that involves letting these untrained, nuclear-powered monkey vigilantes run free?

    And vigilanteism has NEVER been legal. Everyone knows that. It's only now that, with the advent of disaster, people feel the need to know who is out there saving them, and what could potentially explode from hence savior should a parasite rip his de-contamination suit (free cookie if you know what book had that as a start to disaster). Not everything the Government does is evil.

    As for human-analogy, screw it. These people, these superheroes, aren't in danger for busting low-level hoods. They're only in danger when some freak, who they themsevles arguably made, deicdes to settle an old score. How many villains are out there are simply villains because they were born evil, as opposed to those who were 'created' after a hero chases a two-bit crook into a vat of skin-whitener? And as I said, you, as a person, won't save a life then scoot when the proper authorities come and collect a statement. An everyday Joe saving a woman from a falling beam will always be more heroic than the Avengers saving the world from the Kree-Skrull War. Why? Because average Joe doesn't have a super-serum to help him out.

    As I said earlier, I agree that SRA is imperfect, but where do you get that ALL metahumans are being punished? Fucking hell, they're gonna be given salaries for saving LIVES. They'll go to Heaven, AND get a Maserati. The SRA only punishes people who do not comply, i.e. stubborn, selfish people who don't want anyone to tell them what to do.

    The SRA was made out of emotion. ANd incidentally, it's your emotions that prevent it from coming to fruition.


    - - At this point, I bet the rest of the comic-thread goers are just flossing.

  35. #235
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Good points, all things considered but let me tailor this statement, which I feel is the biggest abuse of power I have ever seen and the biggest smack in the face to everything that Americans should hold dear:

    he SRA only punishes people who do not comply, i.e. stubborn, selfish people who don't want anyone to tell them what to do
    ...with a life sentence of detainment from the people the love, from the experince of living, in another dimension which is completely hostile, no chance of parole, and with no rights whatsoever because of the 'convenient' and abstract concept that the location is outside of the physical land from which the law was drafted. So even if someone refused initially because they were stupid and selfish and young, it's too bad because even if they feel different, they're there forever.

    And while that may be a fitting sentence for someone like Nitro, who blew up a school and killed 64 kids, how is that rationally just for someone like Spider-man who just didn't want to register for several reasons (personal privacy, the fact that despite what Tony may say the government can do, it can't always protect his family--the O*N*E is doing a great job protecting mutants from threats, by the way---and the only sure-fire way to keep them safe now is to not divulge any information, etc.) and to top it off, has saved countless lives and if he were a more cosmic hero, probably the world and the universe once over.

    Heroes without electrical powers are "allowed" hologram devices? Yeah, that will tide someone over to have holograms of their loved ones until they die 80 years later. What about metahumans with electrical powers? Do they get something else to pass the rest of their lives away? Or is a 20 by 20 cell going to cut it?

    And why should countries work to solve a problem when they can just ship people off to another dimension? And to what limit? Who will be the next "social risk"? Extremist leaders? People who speak against the government? This wouldn't even be such a problem if the technology remained in Reed Richards' lonely lofty tower, but the 50 states proposal makes it available in fifty locations. It's replicateable and who is going to guard it? Who is going to ensure that some whackjob in some state in a position of power doesn't abuse it and start sending government supers as well as ordinary citizens through it? You're giving technology that breaches anything else known to man to people who right now, are reacting out of hysteria and ignorance and while that may be fine for the public when it's the united enemy of 'metahumans' and mutants, I'd love to see what follows when people go back to just not liking one another.

    But I digress.

    This Negative Zone prison, it's across-the-board life sentence for superheroes and villains alike and the people of no consequence who happen to know their identities, the fact that a person in the N-Zone has no rights (making all of She-Hulk's attempts for justice just a ruse for the government to wave at the people) is something I can't stomach and I would hope anyone with with integrity wouldn't consent to follow like a lap dog.

    It's true that supers should be taught what to do, but this means of doing it, by forcing people to decide within a second is not the right way and the consequences for it are unjust. The Young Avengers wanted Captain America and Iron Man to train them, both of which refused on the grounds that they were too young change of heart, Tony?). This isn't about not wanting to be trained, it's about being asked how you feel about this legislation and if you feel it's wrong, you don't agree with it now and hope to change it later, you state that it's wrong now and demand that it be changed now. I should hope you vote for what's right, not what's wrong now but hopefully will become right later. That's why I believe the YA's joined the anti-regs because even if they want to be taught, it shouldn't happen like this, with these egregious abuses of civil rights.

    That's why Anti-regs are here and making a stand now, because they want this to be changed and they're unwilling to submit to what they believe is flawed and wrong. Especially, on my part, because you're dealing with a sever punishment. Youc an't unfailry punish someone, let them sit for 18 years, and when the law changes say "Well, the law's good now, so no hard feelings about the 18 years that you lost because the original policy was a piece of crap."

  36. #236
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Cap & Co sprung a bunch of anti-reg's from a prison convoy in ASM #535 and FF#539. Although we didn't see any of their faces, it was stated that they all got away.

    From context, the scene takes place after the battle in CW #3/4 where Billy was captured. It's therefore at least possible that he was among them.

    At least, I'm choosing to believe that he was. And so are a hell of a lot of other people.

    Oh, and there is already fanfic out there ... most of it along the lines of This
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  37. #237
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Mourning: To grossly oversimplify; House of M was an alternate universe that was created when Wanda Maximoff went crazy and re-wrote the whole of reality so that her dad (Magneto) was basically King of Everything. Some of the X-men and Avengers discoverd that stuff was screwy, and went to confront her so it would all get put right again - but doing so lead straight into the whole Decimation mess.

    There was a limited edition series that told the whole story, and while it was running, all the regular Marvel books were "transplanted" into the HoM universe.
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  38. #238
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Hey man!

    Let me address these questions int he wrong order so they explain things better:

    House of M:

    House of M is an alternate timeline that happens when Scarlet Witch goes nuts and changes reality. So what you're seeing is what the world would be like if Mutants dominated the planet and ruled the earth.

    Eventually, through the help of a mutant girl Layla Miller who has the ability to 'see' and 'know' the correct course of reality and fix other people's minds so they can see it too, the heroes of Marvel join together and confront Magneto, who then demands that the Scarlet Witch change reality back. Upset with Magento siding with mutants rather than his own family's interests, Scarlet Witch does change reality back, but only after saying "No more mutants." Reality gets changed back, but the fallout (Decimation) is that 93% of the mutant population is now depowered. Depowered as in they no longer have mutant genes in their DNA.

    So during House of M, all the titles basically got their own 'alternate reality' story arc.

    So the story would be like

    New X-Men Academy X Choosing Sides
    New X-Men Academy X Haunted
    New X-Men Academy X Hellions
    New X-men Academy X X-Posed

    House of M Interlude

    New X-Men

    There DID used to be a New X-Men title which was about the real X-Men and written by Grant Morrisson. It starts with 'E is for Extinction' and ends with 'Here Comes Tomorrow', which takes place 100 years in the future after the second-to-last collection 'Planet X' where Jean dies. This is an alternate future, so it's not actually what's going to happen.

    When that title concluded, continuity was established in the new title Astonishing X-Men, which brought back Kitty Pryde and Colossus to the team and established its team as Emma Frost and Cyclops (who are the co-head mistress and master of the school and romantically involved), Wolverine, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Beast (the team you see confronting Jean in Endsong).

    Thus, Phoenix: Endsong happens some time during the first season of Astonishing X-Men, though Astonishing has been defined as not really fitting into the rest of Marvel continuity. So it just happens at some point when the Astonishing team has been established, but evidence of Phoenix Endsong's events really won't be found in Astonishing X-Men's storylines.

    Then, they also started New X-Men--Academy X (which was about the new students) but after the House of M stuff, they dropped the name and just started calling it 'New X-Men' since no other title was using the name.

    The Stepford Cuckoos first appear in the first New X-Men (Morrisson) and were actually the Five-In-One, since they consisted of 5 sisters: Esme, Sophie, Mindee, Celeste, and Phoebe. However, during Morrison's New X-Men, Sophie and Esme died in different story arcs, leaving only Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe, who now call themselves the Three-In-One.

    What you see in House of M is all five of the sisters, and as a shout out to the main universe's history, Sophie gets killed during the story arc.

    When things switch back, you still only have the three sisters.

    So at the end of Phoenix: Endsong, the Phoenix Force approaches one of the three remaining Stepford Cuckoos.

    If you want some more in depth info, go here: uncannyxmen.net

    They have fantastic issue summaries and synopsises so you could technically get the entire storyline by reading the first plot summary for New X-Men (Morrison) to the last of Morrison's run and then start reading the plots for the current Astonishing X-Men series.

    But just so you know, Marvel's having a terrible time with continuity right now, so certain major events that happen in one title don't really carry over to the others. So a character could be knocked out in Astonishing X-Men or the characters could be doing something in Malaysia, but in another title, the same characters could appear in another title doing something else (albeit they're minor). For example, right now, Emma Frost is doing a lot of stuff in Astonishing in the Mansion, but she appears frequently in other titles as a side character, event hough she would be busy doing other things.

    X-Men: The End is a three-book alternate timeline chronicling the final battle of the X-Men.

    And if the X-Mansione xploding bothered you, get ready, because the mansion has beend estroyed, lik, a hundred times in the standard universe.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.

    For me, I'm currently reading:

    Civil War
    Civil War: Young Avengers Runaways
    Young Avengers
    X-Men
    Ultimate X-Men
    New X-Men

  39. #239
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by winterknight View Post
    Cap & Co sprung a bunch of anti-reg's from a prison convoy in ASM #535 and FF#539. Although we didn't see any of their faces, it was stated that they all got away.

    From context, the scene takes place after the battle in CW #3/4 where Billy was captured. It's therefore at least possible that he was among them.

    At least, I'm choosing to believe that he was. And so are a hell of a lot of other people.

    Oh, and there is already fanfic out there ... most of it along the lines of This
    Link me to more. I need to fill a void. Haha, thanks for that, though. Keep hoping.

  40. #240
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    You want more? Mua ha ha ha ha

    Okay, dorksidefilker on LJ writes a lot of YA fanfic, I'll drag out all her cw stuff. Hang on a sec....

    Okay, in chronological order:

    Safe as... (Billy & Teddy in the safehouse. Warning: Smut )

    Tea (Tommy in the safehouse)

    Tony & Mrs Kaplan (Before Billy's capture)

    Waiting Game (immediately after Billy's capture)

    Reaction (Billy in prison)

    The Breakout

    After the breakout

    Complete list of all her YA fics:

    http://dorksidefiker.livejournal.com/116912.html

    Oh and supposedly Tom Brevoort has confirmed on his blog that Wiccan WAS amonst the escapees. Sadly, I can't find the entry in question. Damn.
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  41. #241
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Gahhh, link for the first story is wrong.

    Here's the right one:

    http://dorksidefiker.livejournal.com/30027.html
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  42. #242
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Thanks!

    I LOOOVE you....AND Marvels...

    I love everyone, now.

  43. #243
    JUB Addict bluedragon4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,390

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    anyone playing justice league heroes? if so than how is it?i may buy it today.

  44. #244
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningSpirit View Post
    Oh... >.<
    That 'Hellions' issue you mention - is that included within the three graphic novels?
    Cos from what I get, checking through the numbers, is that it must be.
    Unless it's a spin-off/separate gn?
    The 'This issue compiles material originally published in....' all add up as a complete story, the way I've set it out, so... I'm confused.
    Hellions is part of the main continuity, but was published as a separate mini-series rather than as part of the main NXM:AX line, which is why the issue numbers in the TPB's don't seem to add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MourningSpirit View Post
    Phoenix: Endsong

    Cool. But my original aim, [I don't think I even made it clear. Sorry!]
    was to know if my current guess of where it fits in with Academy X/ Childhood's End arc is correct. Even if it is slightly alternate, my guess placed it in between :
    AcademyX
    AcademyX:HoM
    Endsong
    Childhood's End
    Childhood's end begins immediately after the HOM is dispelled, the chaos you see at the school during the opening pages is a direct result of Wanda's "No More Mutants" proclamation at the end of the HoM miniseries. So there's no room for Endsong to take place between HoM and Chilhood's End, because one begins immediately where the other leaves off.

    The mistake you're making is that Endsong, if it's part of any continuity at all, is part of the Astonishing X-Men continuity rather than the NXM:AX one, and Marvel timescales are so whacked that attempting to figure out when different comic lines happen in relationship to each other is (usually) futile.

    We don't really see (that I recall) any of the depowered mutants in Endsong, so we can't really be sure whether it takes place before HoM or after. My best guess - and like I said, the time scales are whacked, so this is always going to be speculative - is that the NXM:AX and Astonishing/Endsong lines line up something like this:

    Code:
    Astonishing                                          NXM:AX
    
    Gifted                                               Choosing Sides
                                                         Haunted
    Dangerous                                            Hellions
    Endsong happens somewhere                       
    between here and Civil War                           X-Posed
    
    --------------           HOUSE OF M                   ----------
    
                                                          Childhood's End
    
    --------------            CIVIL WAR                    ----------
    Torn
    
    Phoenix: Warsong happens some time after all the above.
    But like I say, that's all just a guess
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  45. #245
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Not that I'd ever play it because I don't care much for DC, but is it a platform similar to X-Men Legends? Or is it a beat-'em-up single fighter, choose your character deal?

  46. #246
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    I live in a democratic country, but I am not American. Far from actually, and I don't believe democracy is the best way to serve my people, on account that more than half of us are illiterate masses clinging to the feet of actors and actresses running for office. The majority vote is in no way beneficial when the majority are composed of drooling buffoons.

    It is unfortunate that (has this been confirmed? I haven't been keeping up with the cross-overs...) parole is impossible as you say, and I must agree that it should have not been the way. For minor infractions at the least. People like Nitro (and to some extent Logan) should rot. However, is it just me, or didn't Tony give all the heroes a heads-up regarding the SRA? And didn't half of those heroes immediately resign to the belief that the act was evil-in-paper-form without so much as entertaining the idea that, should they work with the system, they could make the SRA into something much more beneficial for all sides?

    The issue of 'it's so sudden' is lost in the fact that it wasn't. Everyone knew that the Act was coming, sooner or later. They simply did not want to work with a system that would make them less powerful than they already are.

    As for social risks, why, if I see an extremist leader who openly espoused killing everyone in my city, AND made an example of a bus carrying 64 kids, I'd be the first one to see him off to a different dimension. Or shoot him. Have you ever witnessed an actual bombing? Seen the bodies? I have. I live in a place where stupidity is at its peak when it comes to peaceful negotiations. I have friends who've killed and I've almost done it myself hasn't my conscience gotten the better of me. Danger, when constant, when immediate, makes a person see the world in a different light. Remember 9/11. Wouldn't you want to see Osama shipped off to the N-Zone?

    And who says that it would get worse? Citizens will not allow for the Government to start throwing everyone into parallel dimensions just for speaking out what they think is right or wrong. Coups happen for a reason. And when your army is made of discontented superheroes, I'm fairly sure that should a coup happen, it's goodbye president. The whole, 'things are only going to get worse from here' line of thinking isn't exactly the best rebuttal, since the first act's popularit does not ensure that a revision would be met with as much warmth.

    Side note, didn't America send the Ultimates to cripple a country in their dimension? I don't see anyone complaining when they did that.

    The YA wanted to be their idols. They wouldn't take no for an answer, and they certainly won't allow any other soul to train them. Of course, that's just me. As for the abuse of civil rights? New people = new laws.

    Funny how there's so few of us who actually support the registration. Could be because it's the only way for humanity to take back the destiny that was cruelly stolen us by people who got a better ticket at the genetic lottery - - and not a lot of people see superheroes as people who don't look up in awe at the accomplishments of man, but instead, do quite the opposite.

    Oh, and you do know that neither of us are budging from our stances.

    P.S. You should read X-Factor. I'm beginning to have a huge crush on Jamie.

  47. #247
    Marvels
    Guest

    Re: Comics!

    Hey guys, sorry to double-post, but I didn't know where else to post. Well, I DO know, but I don't know the other posters there like I do you guys. (Awww!) Big question. How the hell do you get over someone?

    I've been in love (?), with this (doubtedly) straight guy, for the last five fucking years and still counting. I've turned down like, six suitors over the past two months just because they're not him, but I've never even talked to him. We're big enemies in school, actually, one of those, pissed-at-first-sight deals. I guess it's probably because we look alike or something. He did a commercial awhile back and a lot of people thought it was me in it. Pride and all that.

    We never talk, but we stare at each other. A lot. Couple of girls got a wind of it and started a fanclub dedicated to him and me becoming an item. Even made fanfics. It's just so stupid, I mean, what does it mean? At first, we stared at each other like we were gonna kill each other, then after a few weeks, he began looking at me like he was sad. I mean, urgh. I hate him. Hell, the whole Univsersity knows about out feud. He ran for office, I switched politicl parties and trained his opponents...I'd be in a room, he'd see me and he'd leave...I look at him, he turns away, but when I look back, there he is looking again...argh.

    He's the only person I've ever cried over.

    I hate my fucking nonexistent lovelife.

    Whew. Thanks. Needed to get that out.

  48. #248

    Re: Comics!

    Could someone explain to me why the cuckoos blame Emma for their sister's death? I missed that issue. Thanks!

  49. #249
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    I'm Anti Reg btw.

    Justice League is very MUCH like X-Men Legends.
    So why the bad reviews?

    Basically, Marvels, my issue with the SRA is that it makes no distinction between intent, action, past history, or actual deed. It makes the state of being a superpower the crime and the means of avoiding punishment enlistment. Everyone's for sending people like Nitro or Osama to the N-Zone, but is everyone in favor of sending their uninvolved relatives or anti-Taliban fighters to the N-Zone under the same sentence? No. Because that is an equivalent punishment for entirely disproportionate reasons.

    And for someone who doesn't believe in democracy, you should know that beaucracy will never allow this to be altered, especially because it was forged out of emotion and hurt isntead of logic. When peopel try to change it, the proponents will refuse, assuming that it automatically disregards what happened to trigger the legislation.

    It won't change through working within the system and rarely do things change when people elect to 'work from the inside'. Especially with legislation like this. Even if people believe it's wrong, they won't say anythign because they don't want to look bad due to what the law is associated with. Why do you think three strikes hasn't been lifted in California? Because it only happened because a little girl got raped and murdered bya htree time criminal. Now we have three-time dangerous criminals going to jail and even more homeless guys who stole cookies three times spending the rest of their lives in prison. And nothing changes because proponents are able to milk the emotions of the 'dumb public' and brush over the gross disproportionate punishments.

    Let's flip that hypothetical situation. Isntead of an extremeist who makes statements about killing mass numbers of peopel and makes an example of a bus of kids, what about someone else?

    If you saw someone who talked about protecting all people, working hard to help the community, and made an example by saving countless people and on the occasion, the world and the universe, would you have him shipped off to the N-zone because he said he didn't want to enlist with the government? No. It doesn't make sense to.

    Citizens aren't prone to perform coups if the issue doesn't concern their civil rights being abused or they think one thing when the truth is another. I don't see coups over sever gay civil rights abuses, that's because 'voters are dumb'. Citizens only care about not having to deal with dangerous superheroes, not about the good superheores who are being fucked that they forgot about who saved them and their families. Coup? You wish.

    As for that guy...well, if it's so bad that you're turning down six guys (wow! I wish I was you...) then you don't have any option other than to confront him. You'll never know unless you do and nothing will ever happen unless you do. And if it doesn't happen, you can move on and get with one of these six guys and however many more are banging on your door.

    Violet, the Cuckoos blamed Emma for Sophie's death because when the schoolw as rioting, the Cuckoos originally elected to hide until it was all over. Emma was snide as usual and walked into battle chiding them by saying that she remembered the gusto of her former students who had the drive and fire in them to do good. The other Cuckoos didn't really feel anything, Esme feeling a bit angry and outspoken, but Sophie felt that Emma was just trying to inspire them.

    So in the end, Sophie got the other Cuckoos to stop Quentin when she used Kick and Cerebra, She controlled the Cuckoos' mind and beat Quentin, but the strain was too much for her and Esme (probably wanting to control the Cuckoos and planning to run away with Xorn and possibly because she disliked Emma so much and wanted to blame her for something) took that oppurtunity to take over the other Cuckoos' minds and nudged Sophie psychically to her death.

    So together, Esme, Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe all blamed Emma's cajoling for inadvertantly causing the Sophie's death, though the real blame lays with Esme. For reasons unknown to me, the remaining three still harbor resentment against Emma.

    There could be several reasons. Not knowing the truth about Esme is one possibility, but I think it's been shown they know what she did. Esme herself dislike Emma because she felt Emma was ruthless and was trying to make the Cuckoos like her, which she obviously despised. Perhaps the other Cuckoos feel that way.

    But I think all things will be cleared up when Phoenix: Warsong concludes.

  50. #250
    Imbeciles...
    luminum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,229
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Comics!

    Oh yes, and Jamie is sexy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.