JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: Queer As Folk: Final Season

      
   
  1. #1
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11

    Code of Conduct

    Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Well folks, it has been an amazing 5 years watching "Queer As Folk". Too bad it has to end . I wish this last season was alittle bit more longer, just a measly 13 episodes. I haven't finished watching it, because I want to savor the moments. I don't want to spoil things, for those who haven't watched it. But what are your thoughts on the seasons for "Queer As Folk"??? I really loved Season 1. And for those who haven't watched or bought "Queer As Folk" you sure are missing alot. I think it is much better than "Brokeback Moutain". LOL, J/J. Thanks, Lee

  2. #2
    Peto Antoni
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I'm just curious where you are watching from. They finished the final season 2 years ago. Seems like yo're just seeing it for the first tiime.

  3. #3
    Needs more cayenne KentuckyPython's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malebolge
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,165
    Blog Entries
    121

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I never got into that show at all.


    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. ~Oscar Wilde

  4. #4
    Styrker
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I loved the show but the only thing that bothers me is that I LIVE and PITTSBURGH and that is NOT how it is here. I pity the poor kid that moves to Pittsburgh thinking it's a Gay Mecca. BOY, Is he in for a let down. BIG LET DOWN!!

  5. #5
    JUB Addict operafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,637
    Blog Entries
    118

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Styrker
    I loved the show but the only thing that bothers me is that I LIVE and PITTSBURGH and that is NOT how it is here. I pity the poor kid that moves to Pittsburgh thinking it's a Gay Mecca. BOY, Is he in for a let down. BIG LET DOWN!!
    Yeah, I went to a conference there, and there certainly was nothing that remotely resembled the show! In going back to the beginning, I wonder why they set it in Pittsburgh in the first place?

    The BF and I are in the process of finishing the last season. So far it has been a little flat, but I don't care. It's the best gay soap opera that I've found. (And LoveLee, it doesn't compare to Brokeback Mountain because there is no way to compare them - got to enjoy each for what each is.)

  6. #6
    IntoxicatedwithHunkiness
    Joshua_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,027

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Just yesterday I went to Best Buy to purchase a copy,

    BUT I'm SORRY, I'm NOT paying $80.99 ( ) for the darned thing.

    The NERVE, really !!

    It's much cheaper online at, um, deep discount dvd dot....

    You can figure it out.

    Just sign me 'Sunshine',

    Joshy



  7. #7
    Tongue_Me
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Another brilliant English series ruined by Americans.

  8. #8
    IntoxicatedwithHunkiness
    Joshua_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    18,027

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue_Me
    Another brilliant English series ruined by Americans.

    Hey !!

    I resemble that remark !



  9. #9

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    The final season sucked ass(the last three episodes kept it from being a total disaster ).....As in any situation the first one always is the best one!!!

    Season 1..excellent. Season 2...great follow up. Season 3...dreadful(what happen to the writers.???)...4 was a comeback from that awful season 3....5 was pretty much lackluster.

    Glad it ended!!

  10. #10
    BenBrowdersArse
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_ken02
    The final season sucked ass(the last three episodes kept it from being a total disaster ).....As in any situation the first one always is the best one!!!

    Season 1..excellent. Season 2...great follow up. Season 3...dreadful(what happen to the writers.???)...4 was a comeback from that awful season 3....5 was pretty much lackluster.

    Glad it ended!!
    Did the US version follow the original UK version (I'm pretty sure series 1 did)? If so, the first two series were written for them. UK series stopped after series 2.

  11. #11
    Sex God sissyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Potosi MO
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    846

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_me
    Just yesterday I went to Best Buy to purchase a copy,

    BUT I'm SORRY, I'm NOT paying $80.99 ( ) for the darned thing.

    The NERVE, really !!

    It's much cheaper online at, um, deep discount dvd dot....

    You can figure it out.

    Just sign me 'Sunshine',

    Joshy
    No arguement there. I liked the series a lot but was really offended when it started coming out on DVD.Was I the only one that noticed how incredibly overpriced that it was/is?

    The first season originally listed for $119.99!!! Sounds like exploitation to me!!. The final season lists at $109.99 for 13 episodes.I've noticed that Season 1 now lists for $49.99 which is much more reasonable, but the other 4 seasons are still listing for over $100 each.I'm glad I was able to find mine used and in good shape. I saved quite a bit of cash.

    Is it just me or does this seem a little exploitative? I've also noticed this same pricing seems to apply to a lot of SF and fantasy stuff too, most notably the new series of Dr Who which lists for over $100 and has 13 episodes. I love I Love Lucy, but those sets are grossly overpriced also.

    I love my TV shows on DVD, but for crying out loud, I'm gay, not rich.
    It just goes to show you, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are...

  12. #12
    Effortless_Pro
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Peto Antoni
    I'm just curious where you are watching from. They finished the final season 2 years ago. Seems like yo're just seeing it for the first tiime.
    1 year ago.

  13. #13
    TwinksRule
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Well it looks like you guys just scared another newbie away. It's alright to have an opinion but damn...

  14. #14
    Needs more cayenne KentuckyPython's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malebolge
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,165
    Blog Entries
    121

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Styrker
    I loved the show but the only thing that bothers me is that I LIVE and PITTSBURGH and that is NOT how it is here. I pity the poor kid that moves to Pittsburgh thinking it's a Gay Mecca. BOY, Is he in for a let down. BIG LET DOWN!!
    From the couple of episodes I caught, I thought Pittsburgh was void of straights.


    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. ~Oscar Wilde

  15. #15

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrowdersArse
    Did the US version follow the original UK version (I'm pretty sure series 1 did)? If so, the first two series were written for them. UK series stopped after series 2.
    I can see why after season 2 everything went downhill...

  16. #16
    Needs more cayenne KentuckyPython's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malebolge
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,165
    Blog Entries
    121

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinksRule
    Well it looks like you guys just scared another newbie away. It's alright to have an opinion but damn...
    As I recall, some of the first things I read were rants by Soilwork and Styrker. Instead of running me off it made me determined to stay.


    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. ~Oscar Wilde

  17. #17
    Amateur *********
    nwdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West of Seattle
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,766
    Blog Entries
    52

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sissyboy
    The first season originally listed for $119.99!!! Sounds like exploitation to me!!. The final season lists at $109.99 for 13 episodes.I've noticed that Season 1 now lists for $49.99 which is much more reasonable, but the other 4 seasons are still listing for over $100 each.I'm glad I was able to find mine used and in good shape. I saved quite a bit of cash.

    Is it just me or does this seem a little exploitative? I've also noticed this same pricing seems to apply to a lot of SF and fantasy stuff too, most notably the new series of Dr Who which lists for over $100 and has 13 episodes. I love I Love Lucy, but those sets are grossly overpriced also.

    I love my TV shows on DVD, but for crying out loud, I'm gay, not rich.
    I paid aroud $40 each for seasons 1 and 2 at Best Buy and just paid around $50 for season 3. I won't be buying 4 or 5 until they come down in price...oh in about a year or so.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/userimages/1/0/1/8/9/264847.jpg
    "Iíll simply assert that I believe most gay men possess three genes that arenít shared by a large portion of the population. Those genes are Quality, Taste, and Style." - Tim Gunn

  18. #18
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinksRule
    Well it looks like you guys just scared another newbie away. It's alright to have an opinion but damn...
    Theres to be scared of??? Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinions, it's nice to see everyone else's. It doesn't bother me, unless it is me their talking about.
    IMHO, I think season 5 is going really fast, with only 13 episodes!!! I'm on the second to the last episode, and think it's going pretty good! Kinda sad to see it go, but all good things must come to an end. Right???
    Well, I've been meaing to ask this question, but hate looking, so I thouhgt I go an ask JUB members. Looking back on the series, I could never really tell who is gay in real life, not in their character mode. To me, Peter Paige is really gay in real life or I might be wrong. But are all the main actors really gay in real life??? Gale Harold doesn't seem to be a gay man in real life, but in character he plays it very well.
    Thanks peeps, Lee

  19. #19
    sunnyboy1987
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee
    To me, Peter Paige is really gay in real life or I might be wrong. But are all the main actors really gay in real life??? Gale Harold doesn't seem to be a gay man in real life, but in character he plays it very well.
    Thanks peeps, Lee
    Two of the main actors are gay in real life: Peter Paige (Emmett) and Randy Harrison (Justin).

  20. #20
    gaywill19
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    anyone have any naked pics from it

  21. #21
    Pure in Heart
    winterknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,495
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by operafan
    Yeah, I went to a conference there, and there certainly was nothing that remotely resembled the show! In going back to the beginning, I wonder why they set it in Pittsburgh in the first place?
    The original UK miniseries on which the US version of QAF was based was about the lives of three friends in Manchester - which, despite an industrial history and a largely blue-collar population, is home to one of the largest and most poular gay scenes in Europe

    When Showtime bought the rights to make a US version of the show from Russel T. Davis, they wanted to keep the "Blue Collar" feel but couldn't find a suitable US city with a big enough scene.

    So they invented one.
    The wolf is carnivore incarnate.
    Only immaculate flesh pleases him.
    --The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter

    The Braindump - an infrequently updated blog

  22. #22
    1,000th post? Customize!! Homoaffectional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    1,657

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyPython
    I never got into that show at all.
    I can understand why. The first few seasons were incredibly shallow and the beginning said it all 'I'll tell you one thing. It's all about sex.'

    However, I would highly recommend if you can stomach it long enough, to watch the final season if you can get ahold of it. It really redeemed the show and made me see it in a whole new light.

  23. #23
    Slut biravatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    168

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy1987
    Two of the main actors are gay in real life: Peter Paige (Emmett) and Randy Harrison (Justin).

    Robert Gant is gay too, and so is the guy that played Uncle Vic

  24. #24
    Slut eruvawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    essen
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    175

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    i am from germany the shows started this jear with the first season but cut , but i have buy the dvdīs from amazon.com
    i loved that show i like mikey the most

  25. #25
    gaywill19
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    does anyone have any screencaps from the show i cant seem to find any from searching for them here

  26. #26
    spydog
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Oddly enough, I watched the final episode of the 5th season last night. I thought the series portrayed a pretty accurate world of "Gaydom". The 5th season started out so much different that the seasons prior, but the more I watched it, I just realized the show matured, just like gay people do. I think it was a wonderful series and an honest look into what it is like to be gay.

    It's kind of weird.... but I miss it already.

    The American version is MUCH better than the British one. The studs are hotter, as well.

    THUMPA THUMPA....

  27. #27
    Northwest Prince
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    i hsve to waech the show on dvd no showtime i watch season 1 like it just started season 2. hard part is where i live they want a 100 dolars per set.

  28. #28
    Slut Manticora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    152

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I like both the UK and the US versions. I can relate to the UK version 'cos I have trod the walkway of Canal Street many a time since I live in Manchester, and love the US Series cos its nice to see things from a different perspective.

    They both had their merits - I felt that the US version was a lot better once they had gone beyond the storyline in the UK Series.

    I wonder if the Tardis will ever materialise on Canal Street ......

  29. #29

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I miss these guys. I feeling such withdrawal. I want a special or minseries already

  30. #30

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue_Me View Post
    Another brilliant English series ruined by Americans.
    NOT SO. Once the US version got going (say three-four eps) it was actually better with more fully-rounded characters and more stories about them

  31. #31

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Manticora View Post
    I like both the UK and the US versions. I can relate to the UK version 'cos I have trod the walkway of Canal Street many a time since I live in Manchester, and love the US Series cos its nice to see things from a different perspective.

    They both had their merits - I felt that the US version was a lot better once they had gone beyond the storyline in the UK Series.

    I wonder if the Tardis will ever materialise on Canal Street ......
    And who do you want playing the Doctor? Justie Bieber?? lolo

  32. #32
    Sex God
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CORAL SPRINGS, FL
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    830

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I wish they would make a movie version of where there lives are now. That would be interesting to see. I loved this show when it aired and I have it on DVD. It was such an enjoyable show to watch. It's a shame that there's not another series like this on TV or cable.

  33. #33
    dougmc92
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Showtime's subscriptions nearly doubled when they started QAF- I'm suprised they haven't done a gay show since (male)

  34. #34
    Reality goggles required Spiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,575

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I'd like to see the show brought back, as a reboot. Have a whole new cast and start fresh. Put it in a different city. Much has changed since the show ended and should make for some new story material. Of course, it would be Ok to have an occasional guest appearance by some of the original cast. Or dedicate an episode that nicely ties them together (like a wedding episode. some of the new cast attends the wedding of Brian and Justin, finally.)

  35. #35
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,172

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I enjoyed the series from start to finish, have most the seasons on tape and Season on DVD a gift from my brother.

  36. #36
    Fantasize it's Fun
    Yuki Sohma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,959
    Blog Entries
    7

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I saw every episode (many 3 or 4 times) & enjoyed each & every episode & although I have not as of yet bought the series on DVD I truly found every episode very entertaining.

  37. #37
    Destination: Irrelevant Adrock-JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,775

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by dougmc92 View Post
    Showtime's subscriptions nearly doubled when they started QAF- I'm suprised they haven't done a gay show since (male)
    Well, there have been gay characters in series

    The Big C featured a gay (male) character in season two

    Shameless has a main gay (male) character for three seasons now

    The Borgias has a gay (male) character who's been in all three seasons (it won't have a fourth, next spring, but may have a two hour final movie)

  38. #38
    Sexy Dexs
    Guest

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    From what everyone is saying i might look up the show and watch it,sound so good

  39. #39
    Noble Ending Love Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,158
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Ooh man. Old thread old show.

    I missed appreciating QAF. I have not known a time when gays on TV was not common.

  40. #40
    Sex God pills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    851

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Absolutely hated the American version. As has been said previously, the UK one was brilliant, but America ruined it. Why do we do that? America has whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is.
    Nothing is like anything else. Things are themselves entirely and do not need interpretation, only a minimal respect for their precise integrity.

  41. #41

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by pills View Post
    Absolutely hated the American version. As has been said previously, the UK one was brilliant, but America ruined it. Why do we do that? America has whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is.
    There was no American version, but a Canadian version, pretending to be American. Your "hatred" of it is a vast overreaction.
    Last edited by Benvolio; September 7th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

  42. #42
    Taint-Aholic vacancy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,329

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    loved it....kinda silly at times but gale Harold makes me drool.....loved it

  43. #43
    ForeverSingle+Unloveable 72-Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    (somewhere in colorado)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,832

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Queer As Folk: Final Season

    I've got all 5 seasons of the US/Canada version on DVD...but have only watched 1, 2, and part of 3
    I also have both seasons of the UK version (& have watched both fully )

    In some ways I liked the UK version better...but i also like the fact that US/Canada ver is longer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.