Gym Hookups 101
So I've been going to a gym for several months now and I haven't met another gay guy or have hooked up with anyone. To be honest, I'm not even sure if guys hookup at my gym or if their are any gay guys going to it. So I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers, tips and feedback on hooking up with and even meeting guys at the gym.
1. For hookups. If you see a hot guy, how do you know if he's into dudes or not? Do you need to have a good gaydar to sense these things?
2. Peeping at guys in the looker room- clearly this is pretty discreet, but could this be a way to seal the deal on hooking up?
3. Making friends with other gay/bi guys- how can this happen if you're not even sure what their sexuality is.
4. Any advice on locations or topics for starting conversations? (i'm not into sports at all btw)
Just some tidbits about my gym: It is family orientated and equally caters to men, women, and children. Also many of the men are married/str8. I know this because I have yet to spot another gay guy at my gym. Moreover, the only guys that have conversations at the gym are people working out together and members talking to staff members.
HELP ME OUT GUYS!
Re: Gym Hookups 101
you could look on craigslist or cruising for sex. that is how i found out that people cruise at a few local gyms and college campuses.
Re: Gym Hookups 101
you shouldn't be cruising at your local family oriented gym you could get in trouble. here's the deal, most guys at a (non gay) gym are straight. of those who might be into guys, who knows how many would be into you. and if they are into you, they probably go to the gym to work out, not to cruise.
even in the gay neighborhoods gyms aren't really cruising places as much as bars, or especially bathhouses are. perhaps you should check out a bathhouse, then there's no questions asked, you know what's up.
Re: Gym Hookups 101
Best real man to man action is at the bathhouses. Most have guys for work out and other venutes for real action. Try www.squirt.org to locate baths in the USA and world. Good luck.
Re: Gym Hookups 101
I am no expert, but I will try to answer your questions:
Originally Posted by brownbear787
1) You can usually tell if a guy is into you or not...For example, I just joined a new gym last week----and I lie to you not, the moment I walked in to take the intro tour, a guy cruised me and passed me his number...then later that evening, three other guys cruised me. One guy was bold as hell and just flat out said "man, I am not gonna lie---you are one goodlooking dude" I humbly thanked him, and commended him for his bravery, being that I could have easily beaten his ass had I been straight and that statement offended me!
2) Peeping at guys is not a sure way to tell....some str8 guys peep at other guys as a way to "compare". They are not into you sexually, they are just curious to see how they "stack up". So you have to be careful, usually you will see the most interest if you go into the sauna or steam room...if the first place a guy's eyes go to is your dick, and you keep seeing him sneak glances every few seconds, then you are pretty sure that he wants you!
3) Yea you can always make friends with gym buddies, there is nothing wrong with that---it's very innocent. Once the friendship is established....you can slowly see where the conversation leads. Throw a few bait words out (that could be taken lots of ways) and see how/if he responds...if he catches the bait, good----if he changes the subject or becomes dumbfounded---then you know he's straight
4) Start conversations on what's around you---use an easy and obvious topic....for example, say "hey man those look like some nice running shoes, are they comfortable?" or "did they just turn the sauna on because it's pretty cool in here still". Conversations like that are "straight" and innocent---you will have to feel the person out to see if they really show interest or not----major signs are lots of or prolonged eye contact, smiling, subliminal "adjustments" of their crotch, and staring/peeking at your crotch every chance they get.
You MUST be very careful and discreet about it though...Be very subtle. I can tell you from experience, yes the guys are eye candy but I don't want to fool around on base at a public place, or at a gym or health club...and if you become too obvious or pushy, you can get called out or reprimanded or banned or get your ass beaten by someone who doesn't like homosexuals or is not into you, or you even get arrested for "lewd acts in a public place". For example...there is this one hot papi who parades around the whole entire locker room, bare dick flopping in the wind. I won't lie, he has a fairly nice semi-hairy, toned body and a nice-sized uncut cock. And he knows that---so he doesnt mind showing off. Do I think he is gay or bi? NO, I think he is str8 (or maybe bi curious), but nevertheless he loves the attention and excitement of showing off, as long as he is in control. A lot of guys love to tease but don't like it when you come into their personal space. Also, there is a certain amount of different [older, non-attractive, feminine] guys all over me when I go to the locker room, steam room, sauna, shower, etc------true, I am an exhibitionist :p but sometimes I don't like attention from guys who don't appeal to me. I know each one of them by face and I sigh and walk the other way whenever I see them. Those guys are always following me around and trying to get looks at my dick. The relentless attention from them makes me very uncomfortable and they take it WAAAAY overboard---some are even very bold and have no class, shame, couth, or discretion about them, whatsoever. It's like they don't even care aif I see them looking at my dick---that's how selfish and desperate they are. You don't want to become one of THEM. [-X