Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
View RSS Feed

Corkles

Fiona Apple Is Selling New Machines

Rate this Entry
by , September 30th, 2005 at 01:23 PM (376 Views)
THE CAGED BIRD CAN FINALLY SING AGAIN

After six long years without her,I am so glad the Fiona Apple's latest work will finally be released next Tuesday(10/04)...I guess internet petitions can help after all. ..|

After Fiona recorded her latest,Extraordinary Machine in 2003,Sony announced that there was no single on the album and shleved it,but a group of fans organized the Free Fiona website and begged,pleaded and demanded that the album be released after several quality bootlegs were released to the internet.

I have to admit that I hopped on the Fiona train late. I love Tidal now but I'd never heard of her until "Criminal" was released as a single and I was instantly hooked. I loved her second CD, When The Pawn,and so did the critics,but it didn't sell many copies and I didn't think I'd hear from her again,especially since according to the press she was notoriously bratty.

A good friend of mine knew how much I liked her and somehow found The Fiona Files(which are the original versions of the songs from Extraordinary Machine) and sent them to me. Of course I love the entire 12 songs and never expected them to see the light of day. In Sony's defense,there really isn't one song that stands out enough to be marketed as a single. I don't care and I don't think Fiona's fans will care much about that though when they hear the album. It is classic Fiona at her best and I wish her much success with this release.

The only thing that worries me is that the versions of the songs that I've heard have been remixed and retooled by a different producer to make a more marketable disc. I only hope that the soul of the original recordings makes the cut....otherwise I think this could be the end of Fiona and no amount of fans will be able to free her again.

Good luck Fiona *crosses fingers*....I hope to hear much more from you in the future!

Categories
Uncategorized